Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare wheel lock

R_Sargeant_CH

R_Sargeant_CH

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
The official spare wheel lock was out of stock in the Club Shop for a while. I believe they now have stock again.

Whilst waiting, I found an alternative. This company seems to make locking wheel bolts for many vehicles. The plastic box had space for 4 bolts, but contained only the spare wheel bolt I wanted plus the usual coded cap and an extractor tool.

I found mine here for 16.99.

Very satisfied!

1655122516674.png

That won't stop anybody pinching your spare. They work on a wheel fitted to the van as the head of the bolt is recessed into the wheel.
When fitted to a the spare wheel cradle the whole head of the bolt is exposed & can be gripped & turned using a pipe wrench / mole grips etc.

The Spare safe that the club shop sells is a shield that goes round the bolt & protects it in addition to the locking bolt.

The official spare wheel lock was out of stock in the Club Shop for a while. I believe they now have stock again.

Whilst waiting, I found an alternative. This company seems to make locking wheel bolts for many vehicles. The plastic box had space for 4 bolts, but contained only the spare wheel bolt I wanted plus the usual coded cap and an extractor tool.

Very satisfied!

View attachment 94481
The only down side to the bolt only solution is that it can still potentially be undone with mole grips etc.

edit @andyinluton replied as I was typing, Ditto

Very satisfied!

View attachment 94481
It is not the Locking Bolt that is important, but the shroud..
Without the shroud you can use a Monkey Wrench or similar to grip the head of the bolt and unscrew it, as others have found out who just used a Locking Bolt.

With this the round head just spins and you need the pinned cap to undo it.
I am afraid that if it peace of mind that you are looking for, then this option does not provide it.
As others have said, a decent set of grips will crush the spinning head and it will be removed fairly easily. Sorry !

Back