Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare wheel stolen

Do as you wish. Mine is secure against the average scumbag.

Oh, and if it is so dark that they cannot see that the wheel is painted, how will they know there is a spare wheel fitted?;)

Most of these will be stolen at night, how will the thief know it has been painted?
I am not sure about them being stolen at night last year Lego Land was a hot spot during daylight hours
I would say it impossible to prevent 100% the loss of a spare wheel but there are ways to make your wheel less attractive to the person on the look out to steal it the best form of defence.

Last edited:
As a newbie, is spare wheel theft common? And I would assume £50 is money well spent in relation to a replacement. Is the lock thief proof

Spare wheel theft is very common.
The spare wheel lock is not 100% thief proof but will deter the opportunist
It is a visual deterrent to deter and hopefully move them onto one that doesn't have a lock. Saying that I haven't heard of one being stolen with a lock on.

I was looking at the spare wheel lock in shop on the forum - it says for T5 - is there any reason why it wouldn't fit a T6...? Or rephrasing my question, does it also fit a T6? And how easy is it to install?

I was looking at the spare wheel lock in shop on the forum - it says for T5 - is there any reason why it wouldn't fit a T6...? Or rephrasing my question, does it also fit a T6? And how easy is it to install?

99% sure it wil fit a T6
But guess that last % you need to ask at a T6 owner who fitted one....

Do not think any changes been made at the spare wheel or the carrier.

Thanks. Ordered :thumb

Back