Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Specific Fuse Location

DanP

DanP

I've spent the last couple of hours becoming more and more confused trying to locate the fuse that operates the drivers side door control unit (2011 LHD Cali), which operates the electric windows and folding door mirror mechanism. I downloaded the fuse location pdf but after studying I still cannot find this elusive fuse. I have removed the front water bottle holder to reveal the fuses inside, but even though there are at least a couple dozen fuses there, the one I'm looking for doesn't appear to be one of them.
Has anyone had any experience of this fuse that can point me, in simple terms to where I can find it?
Thanks. Dan

I heared from a VW dealer that the locations of fuses can be diffrent according when and by who the Cali was build , think you need to remove everyone of them and make a shedual from your vehicle....
Thingking of doing it on mine just in case
Did you checked the ones under the hood near the engine battery?

Dan, I think there are two PDFs, one for an SE and one for the Beach which I supplied. You don't mention which van you have but they are very different, so might be worth downloadingall the versions to see if that helps.

Hi Bramco, Sorry, I forgot to mention that mine is the SE version. I downloaded both, and at the bottom of page 24 of one of them, the door control unit is mentioned, but I cannot work out where this fuse board is.
I have found the central board behind the water bottle holder, but the image shown of this other board is what Im struggling to find.
I appreciate your help so far :)

Hi Dan, can see the reference you mention but not a clue where that set of fuses might be. On the fuse map for the Beach it does mention a fuse box on the side of the dash. I wonder if your LHD vehicle has one of these. Try opening both front doors to see if you can get into the side of the dash, it might be there.

Beach fuse location PDF is now in the downloads section.

Many thanks to Simon for supplying these

-

I had an interesting time locating the fuses on my 2016 Beach.

vdub-beach-fuses.JPG
Here is a photo of where the fuses are:

1) for the rear (boot) 12 v power socket. 2) for the next to rear bench seat 12 v power socket. The fuse cluster is under the passenger seat of my RHD cali. Looking from front (bottom of picture) to back.Fuses are 15A.

vdub-beach-fuses.JPG