Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sportline Front Spoiler for T5.1- Yes or No?

On a T5.1, at no cost, which bumper / front spoiler would you chose?

• Standard T5.1 Cali front spoiler

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Sportline front spoiler

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
Oliver

Oliver

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
If you could chose at no cost between the standard spoiler or the Sportline front spoiler, which one would it be? Why or why not?

Dealer fit, no problems, loads of clearance to the point I'm fitting 35mm lowered springs and It will still have pretty of clearance. Make sure you get the extender for the towing eye if you go this route!

I really like the Sportline look. Expensive mod though unless you use non-genuine parts which can of course be of dubious quality. Very interested to hear from anyone who has been pleased with the results using pattern parts

I would have a sportline front end if it was free for sure but the cost for a legit one puts it low down my priority list of purchases :)

It is OK on standard springs but since we had it lowered 30mm we have to be very careful, I have already scuffed it on a kerb and speed hump. It takes the fun out of driving if you have to keep worrying about ground clearance. In hindsight I would of had just the -30mm lowering springs instead of the spoiler.

To me that's a bumper. Spoiler or lip would attach under.

Personal ---for me it is a no why looks like a snow plough on the front end.

I had a genuine sportline spoiler on my previous Cali. Personally I think it adds to the sporty image. I also fitted the JPL lower splitter which finished it off in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we purchased our pearlescent black T5 ex demonstrator last October the dealer had already blinged it up with a VW sport line spoiler and stainless side pipes. Initially I didn't like either or the colour but as new T5 180dsg 4 motions were getting very scarce and the dealer had thrown just about every extra known to mankind at it we decided to buy. However I did ask the dealer if the spoiler could be removed but was told that is wasn't that easy as it had been bonded onto the standard bumper.
I have always thought that the standard T5 front end looks great and I still prefer it to that of the new T6. I have now got used to it but still feel that it is a pointless piece of unnecessary plastic glued onto the front. I understand what a front splitter does on a high performance car but does it serve any real purpose other than just a fashion accessory on a Cali?

Of course it is fashion/bling, it's a van. They aren't going to rely on cornering down force. I think the bling'd up T5's looks great. I removed the "20's from mine as the ride was terrible and went for "18's instead. I have front and rear spoilers, black side bars, double tail pipe and LED DLR's.

I agree about T5 vs. T6 fronts, I don't like the standard T6 grille. I much prefer the front of the T5.

Nothing wrong with a bit of personalisation, we all do it to some extent and all have an opinion. For me it comes down to the overall look so on some a yes and on others a no.

Mike

Back