BeagleMum

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Seen today at Corrieshalloch Gorge Wester Ross

B9D0AE85-E279-4CC8-9929-E4C1D95AFF9F.jpeg

D8E3BF47-FC0F-4C91-869E-37A23E95DFBB.jpeg

That reg plate cant be right? But it is...
F9B0E68A-7A60-4E56-A3B3-EC052263EFCC.png
Must have been a new import then.

Last edited:
Its crap.
Its a Danbury conversion of the base vehicle imported
from Mecico.

let's be honest, we all would love to have a T2 or a T1 in addition to our T5/T6

Yes it’s a genuine VW imported from Brazil and converted into a RHD camper by Danbury. They have a water-cooled engine with a radiator hiding behind the optional fake front spare wheel. They steel part of the roof is more raised compared with the German T2 Bay. They are out of production now but command good money secondhand.

let's be honest, we all would love to have a T2 or a T1 in addition to our T5/T6
I have a T2 and would drop it tomorrow if someone offered me a Cali! My wife has to travel seperate with the 17 month old twins because I can't find an acceptable way to fasten them in the back. Plus I always have the fear of what we do with the twins the next time it breaks down on the motorway. Live the dream and realise how lucky you are to have a vehicle you can safely transport children in rather than a tax free, MOT free 41 year old vehicle where the crumple zone is your knees! I did love him once but that was before the family came along lol

Classics are lovely to look at but there's nothing like modern kit, for safety reliability and the freedom to drive hour after hour effortlessly.
Talking of safety, my mate has a body shop where I nip for a brew some times, one day he had a splitty in that had shunted an Audi up the rear at 15mph, luckily the NS hit the car as the headlight bowl was touching the passenger seat.
I watched him save the original front panel though pulled it out and even got the door to fit better than factory ;)

The Brazilian imports are no longer made at all now - they don't come up to any kind of modern safety regs! I used to have a 2005, which was the last year of air-cooled models made, so it looked and sounded like a 'proper' T2 (no fake wheel radiator cover either!) It was a rare non-Danbury import and was custom fitted. I adored it, but when health issues forced me to part with it, that was the excuse I needed to get a Cali SE. Miss my custom Brazilian beauty, but can't beat having mod-cons, power steering, heating, adjustable seat, etc, etc, etc....!

dscn0584.jpg

The Brazilian imports are no longer made at all now - they don't come up to any kind of modern safety regs! I used to have a 2005, which was the last year of air-cooled models made, so it looked and sounded like a 'proper' T2 (no fake wheel radiator cover either!) It was a rare non-Danbury import and was custom fitted. I adored it, but when health issues forced me to part with it, that was the excuse I needed to get a Cali SE. Miss my custom Brazilian beauty, but can't beat having mod-cons, power steering, heating, adjustable seat, etc, etc, etc....!

View attachment 50752
Nice looking Bay though.