Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

squeaking noise with the bench seat

S

StevenZhang

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
My cali is almost a year old, but since a month ago, as long as I was driving, the bench seat kept making squeaking noise. When I put it on a flat bed, the noise disappeared. I have tried various methods to deal with it, but none of them are useful. I will not go to the garage to repair it during the lockdown period. Does your Cali have such a problem?

My cali is almost a year old, but since a month ago, as long as I was driving, the bench seat kept making squeaking noise. When I put it on a flat bed, the noise disappeared. I have tried various methods to deal with it, but none of them are useful. I will not go to the garage to repair it during the lockdown period. Does your Cali have such a problem?

I’m still trying to source the root cause of the squeak !

Under the seat, put some stickers on, the squeak noise almost gone! A little bit still there, I will check later.

B44A8CFE-4499-4645-B045-0669A80774DA.jpeg

After driving on the road for a while, I found that the squeaking sound still there, I will continue to check tomorrow.

Get some waterproof towel and put it around the white bush, then spray WD40 on the white bush.
do all 4 bushes as I’ve circled in green on my thread. Good luck

After opening the seat more than a dozen times and pasting dozens of soft stickers under it, and spraying wd40 on all the joints of the seat, the nasty squeaking sound finally disappeared! So happy. Thank you for your good suggestions in this forum.

Back