Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Squeeks, rattles and taps. Aaarrrgh!

Hi @PhillyWilly unfortunately rattles etc are only covered up to 6 months and 6000 miles that being said the squeak from the polystyrene holding the rear seats seems to becoming a regular issue with the latest calis and we have replaced quite a few for this problem under warranty with no issues. As for your awning most of the problem seems to be caused by the legs rattling I will post some pictures tomorrow on how to rectify this it’s a quick and easy fix.

I too have an annoying squeak from the back of my 16 Beach, sounds just like polystyrene squeaks from the camping chairs, any ideas on a resolution ?
I’m ready to go mad !!!!!

I too have an annoying squeak from the back of my 16 Beach, sounds just like polystyrene squeaks from the camping chairs, any ideas on a resolution, I’m ready to mad !!!!!
Try some Silicone spray on the Polystyrene Block or store something within the Chairs, A Topper/Spare Beach Towels or a Groundsheet.

Will do, it’s getting really bad now !!!!

Last edited:
Will do, it’s getting really bad now !!!!
The polystyrene separator fell off on mine, I just use a fluffy hand towel and jam it between the seats, cures the squeaking immediately. Perhaps the Argos seat covers featured elsewhere will do the job on their own.

Have to say the post from @VW Guru was awesome.

So today having not quite realised how bad the rattle was from my awning I did the following.

- stretched the leg springs as per his post
- added some felt (softer part of velcro tape) behind the part the leg feet brackets sit. Mine didn’t have any.
- replace the rubber pads on the rear with the new plastic type.

Just drove home via the lanes in my area which are ever so slightly bumpy and rough and not a dickie bird from the awning.

Amazing!!!!

As above the spring stretch and a few pieces of velcro have worked for my awning.

Thank you @VW Guru

Try some Silicone spray on the Polystyrene Block or store something within the Chairs, A Topper/Spare Beach Towels or a Groundsheet.
Whatever you do don't use spray paint.

As a young lad I decided to change the colour of my white polystyrene surfboard, got up in the morning and it had melted

Back