Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Moo valve

Vic

Vic

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hello everyone after some help with my t5 California. I think my N75 valve is playing up lots of mooing and mobile phone vibrating coming from behind the dash.
is it something I need to sort out straight away and would you recommend not driving the van if it’s like this,secondly it’s only the one valve isn’t it that needs to be replaced?

Hello everyone after some help with my t5 California. I think my N75 valve is playing up lots of mooing and mobile phone vibrating coming from behind the dash.
is it something I need to sort out straight away and would you recommend not driving the van if it’s like this,secondly it’s only the one valve isn’t it that needs to be replaced?
Continued driving is OK will not cause any damage. You need the valve plus new pipes. Sometimes just the pipes. As far as if you have 1 or 2 valves. I have no idea as according to your Avatar you are Just Browsing and you have given no details regarding your vehicle.
My Crystal Ball is on vacation.

We spent a good chunk of a trip driving from the Basque Country, over the Pyrenees and down to Southern France with the van sounding like a cow. Got the valve (can’t remember which of the two) replaced when we returned to the UK.

Reactions: Vic
Continued driving is OK will not cause any damage. You need the valve plus new pipes. Sometimes just the pipes. As far as if you have 1 or 2 valves. I have no idea as according to your Avatar you are Just Browsing and you have given no details regarding your vehicle.
My Crystal Ball is on vacation.
[/QUOTE
Sorry it’s a 2012 limited edition berghaus it’s my partners thanks for the reply

I think that somewhere on the T6 Forum it says that once the N75 valve starts playing up changing is recommended. The piece goes on, if I remember, to say that it can just moo for 6-12 months with no issues but eventually it will fail completely and then there is a reasonable risk of damage to the turbo. It's an easy change, plenty on You Tube.

Sorry it’s a 2012 limited edition berghaus it’s my partners thanks for the reply
If it’s the 140 HP then 1 x N75 valve.
If it’s the 180 HP BiTurbo then there are 2 x N75 valves.

On a number of occasions owners have just replaced the tubing and noise went.

The same N75 valve is used on a few different VAG vehicles, the one that you
want is this one -
images-144.jpeg
On the above, the pipes flow the direction of the plug-in.

This is the one that you don't want -
images-143.jpeg
It will probably work just as well but you will need longer pipes. :thumb

Be careful who you go to for the moo valve .... VW will milk it for all the profit they can get ......

Sorry :(

Amazing what you can discover at this time of the morning. My 2012 Caravelle, has been making this very same Moo sound from behind the dash since Ive had it last year! At least I now know what it is making the noise :thumb

Reactions: Vic
My 2010 180ps just had the pipes replaced some years ago and has had no problem since.

It is possible to do it yourself but is an awkward knuckle scraping job. The valve/s are located at the top back of the engine just below the scuttle edge.
Let the mechanic do it.

Alan

I have just replaced my N75. I bought it from heritage and I still have the "moo" sound.
Reading this I am guessing I'll need to change the pipes as well. Are they available as a kit & how far do they need changing to? There are little filters on some, also they look different internal diameters.
Thanks in advance...

Back