Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stackable mug recommendations

B

be1t0n

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I'm after some recommendations on stackable mugs.

I've just ordered a Felleisen Smutje shelf and in order to maximise what we can fit in it I'm hoping to find mugs that can be stacked in such a way that we can fit 4 mugs and 4 cups in there.

Any suggestions?

How much do you want to spend?

I'm after some recommendations on stackable mugs.

I've just ordered a Felleisen Smutje shelf and in order to maximise what we can fit in it I'm hoping to find mugs that can be stacked in such a way that we can fit 4 mugs and 4 cups in there.

Any suggestions?

Wow Camping sell the melamine Flamefield stacking mugs. I'm not a great fan of Melamine, especially for drinkware, but we have the white ones and they've been ok. When they stain a bit with black tea/coffee, we put them in the top shelf of the dishwasher to clean.
I think they're about 325ml capacity and you can also buy them elsewhere in other colours.

How much do you want to spend?

Swaggy!
Slightly more reasonable, but with a handle and top quality are Yeti mugs. They come with a lid too that I never seem to use, and the 20oz fits well in the 6.1 dash cup holders, if that is important.
https://uk.yeti.com/collections/mugs

Larger branches of TKMaxx usually have a range of options squished in amongst the thermos flasks and water bottles. 'Colours may vary'.

Wow Camping sell the melamine Flamefield stacking mugs. I'm not a great fan of Melamine, especially for drinkware, but we have the white ones and they've been ok. When they stain a bit with black tea/coffee, we put them in the top shelf of the dishwasher to clean.
I think they're about 325ml capacity and you can also buy them elsewhere in other colours.
My wife is already eyeing these ones up.

We use normal mugs/cups from Orla Kiely , stack nice. Can't be doing with Melamine etc, they lose heat too quick.

Melamine put my teeth on edge. Same for the wife with wooden toothbrush

Sorry, I know your brief is for stacking mugs but I think you should consider Yeti. I changed to yeti mugs for the van and it is life changing! Tea stays hot forever.

Well the Snow Peak stainless steel vacuum mugs with handles are on offer :)

The 300ml stacks inside the 450ml mug. I have the the 450 and with the lid that you can also buy it keeps coffee hot for ages. And they will last you a lifetime. Yes they may still seem a bit expensive, but you can also buy from Amazon Japan and get them delivered in a couple of days for cheaper than buying in the UK.

I also added a link to stainless stacking cups that I use, which come as a 4-pack and can highly recommend.

As you may have realised… I don’t like drinking out of plastic ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010FXR3S8?ref_=cm_sw_r_mwn_dp_BDZZ4MCW8GSR9CSPE7Z4_1

We love these IKEA ones, good colour options,C0422A94-D911-4C3F-B53E-1ACE2B6370EE.png they stack well and keep their heat well. Seem robust too (fingers crossed that I haven’t jinxed them)

Over the years, I’ve trialed (and errored!) different mugs. I wanted ceramic & stackable but didn’t want rattling. I happened upon Bodum Bistro cups - ceramic with a silicone sleeve & no handle. They work for me: ceramic, stackable (no handles) & the silicone sleeve means the don’t break easily, don’t rattle, don’t need a coaster & don’t slide on the table when parked on a slope. Added bonuses: they come in a range of colours & the aeropress is a perfect fit on them. I’m using them now for about 5 years & I’m very happy with them. I bought 4 of them: 2 for €10 in PC World of all places.
IMG_2241.png

Back