Starter Battery to Utility Cupboard Cable Run

C

cyb3rl4d

Dom
VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi Everyone,

After placing my CG600 order and waiting for delivery I'm planning on having a power station / second leisure battery with B2B (most prob Clayton LPS II), I would like to leave everything from VW in place so I dont want to use the existing starter battery to leisure battery positive for the Clayton, using a 3 way DC change over to switch DC over to the Clayton if needed but mainly use it for 230v off grid.

My question is does anyone know how best to run the DC/DC positive cable from the starter battery through to the back of the van / utility unit? I've seen some posts online about people running the cable under the chassis in conduit but I was hoping I could get some additional info from anyone who's done this before.

Thanks in advance!!

quick update, I've received a reply from someone very helpful on a fb group to say he ran the cable in some conduit, this is his response for reference...

"I came through the side of the plastic battery box. Down and inside the plastic belly pan, then along and back up though the floor into a hole I drilled to the inside of the wardrobe ,it was a bit fiddly but not hard to do at all."

Hope this helps others, if anyone else has done the same do let me know thanks!!

Last edited:
quick update, I've received a reply someone very helpful on a fb group to say he ran the cable in some conduit, this is his response for reference...

"I came through the side of the plastic battery box. Down and inside the plastic belly pan, then along and back up though the floor into a hole I drilled to the inside of the wardrobe ,it was a bit fiddly but not hard to do at all."

Hope this helps others, if anyone else has done the same do let me know thanks!!
@simon o sullivan is a helpful chap!

yeah very thanks too Mr T for your posts, my build is very similar to yours (solar) so stole your idea on how to get the Clayton to work without too much modification to exiting kit, totally agree with you on the warranty / letting everything bed in for first few months / year.

Hope you're enjoying your CG600!!!!

Back