Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stena Line … Cairnryan to Belfast

B

BeeBee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone taken their dog on. Stena Line Cairnryan to Belfast ferry recently.
The booking site doesn’t seem to have ‘dog option’, so indication of cost.
We were intending to leave him in the van for the crossing..
Any tips greatly welcome.

Hi. Yes we have taken our dog many times. There are cages on deck, or you can leave your dog in the car. If it is a small dog you are allowed it up in the lounge as far as I know, if it is kept in a cage. Ours is a golden retriever so stays in our Cali. We have never had a problem.

Thanks, our boy is Black Labrador, so likewise he would stay in the van.
I eventually found the option on ‘extras’ to indicate taking a dog.
We were considering the Premium option , to give flexibility in date/time of return but a friend suggested as you get priority boarding it meant van might be ‘outside’ and if a hot day not good for dog in van…. do I think we’ll go for the Flexi option and hopefully that’s best of both.
Now to order a ‘non spill’ water bowl for the boy.
How long in advance of departure do you normally turn up.
Thanks again .

we always go premium and use the stenaplus lounge. I know this gives priority boarding and disembarkation, but I never once have been parked outside, always within the car deck. Our normal would be to be there an hour before.

we always go premium and use the stenaplus lounge. I know this gives priority boarding and disembarkation, but I never once have been parked outside, always within the car deck. Our normal would be to be there an hour before.
Thanks

Back