Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stereo upgrade

piddi

piddi

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi all,

Any suggestion for upgrading the original stereo?

I have this (picture) baby installed on my 2007, but would like something more modern with at least AUX, preferably Bluetooth streaming from phone.

Even better would be a satnav + large screen where I could have a review camera I guess.

Thanks!

20150302_220957.jpg

Just ensure whatever you buy is proper canbus compatible - my friend replaced his (like yours) for BT, USB, iPhone compatible one and found that it drains the battery when the van is stood up

Why not look for a take off RNS 510 as fitted by VW.

I think there was an issue with early cali draining batteries & is a can gate adapter to fix this.

Sent from my SM-G900F

Will RNS510 fit pre-facelift? Dash aperture is different shape ?

Sent from my SM-G900F

There are plenty of aftermarket double din solutions out there although as mentioned above, you need to ensure it is canbus compatible. It is possible to replace the plastic surround too to a later T5.1 version and fit a later RNS 510, or Kenwood. There are also a number of cheaper alternatives on the market. I have one from Preston ICE (rear camera compatible) and I've also seen threads on a Newsmy unit. Plenty of other alternatives too if you look around and all much cheaper than the RNS510/Kenwood route and often better spec.

Look in the download section there is an article on removing a stereo

Back