Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage advice needed please!

Maud

Maud

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi everyone, it’s been quite a while since I’ve been on here but Ariadne is still going strong and very much a part of the family!

My fiancé and I are doing a coastal tour of Scotland for three weeks in August this year and we are getting married on the beach at the end of the second week. As we are only having our daughter there with us, we have to take everything in the van. And therein lies the rub...

We have two rather heavy wedding dresses and a bridesmaid’s dress to take with us; they won’t fit in the van with all our stuff (two women and a teenage girl!) and we also don’t want to get them any more folded and crumpled than we have to.

We have thought of posting them but the cost may be almost as high as buying a more permanent solution.

We’ve considered roof bars and a box but are hesitant due to needing the roof up every night and also not wanting to take a ladder (I’m the tallest at 5’5).

So now we’re thinking of the bike rack and box option... I haven’t got a tow bar and as this would be additional expense and fitting time, we have pretty much ruled this out.

What do you guys think about the racks and boxes available? With the wedding, Scotland tour and trying to save for a house deposit and family expansion before too long, we want to make the right investment without spending any more than we absolutely need to.

A few questions:
1. How do tailgate racks attach and stay on?
2. Do they mark the van once removed?
3. How easy are they to remove?
4. Are luggage boxes waterproof or do they need a cover?

All advice appreciated and if anyone is looking to sell, please get in touch!

Thanks in advance,
Christine and Mel

Back