Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage of outside table - difficult to get it back into the sliding door

Good afternoon,

I took out the table for the outside. To get it out of the sliding door no problem. But getting it back in is a pain.

It fits quite well in the lower part of the door, but as soon as I try to push the table into the sliding door in order to operate the locking mechanism, most of the time it won't work - it just bounces back. I have to try it 8 - 9 times until finally it works.

It seems that in the sliding door are 2x rubber bands that need to be pushed back by the table in order to get into the door. It feels to me that they are too strong. Is there a way to adjust this somehow or do I have to wait until the VW dealers open again?

Regards,
Eberhard

Experienced the same problem and claimed under extended warranty. Was charged for a new cable(under £10) but labour was free. Handle now feels spring loaded and silky smooth in operation. Before that it was looked at twice and worked for a short time but lubing made no difference .

Experienced the same problem and claimed under extended warranty. Was charged for a new cable(under £10) but labour was free. Handle now feels spring loaded and silky smooth in operation. Before that it was looked at twice and worked for a short time but lubing made no difference .
Why did they charge for parts?

Was informed that cables and doorlocks not part of the warranty. As regards the labour did not query.

Was informed that cables and doorlocks not part of the warranty. As regards the labour did not query.
Must ask for a detailed list as to what and what is not covered by the comprehensive "same as the original" extended warranty, appears to be totally dependant on the service desk chap and/or if they like your face.

Good morning,

End of July ends the 3 year warranty. I hope there is time to get a few things checked before (which will be the issue with the table of course included).

Next few days I will contact VW Ireland to check if they plan an extension of the warranty. Difficult to say, but it might be that there was a timeframe of about 2 month where it was not possible to get these issues looked after.

Regards,
Eberhard

Back