Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement table in sliding door?

D

domscollins

VIP Member
Morning all,

Having lent some stuff to my brother, I now have a big burn in the top of the table that fits in the sliding door of my Cali :headbang . I have had a quick look around online for a replacement and can only find the full interior panel, table included, for about £250. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement table? Alternatively has anyone "pimped" their table and put a new cover on it? Tips welcome.

Thanks,

Dom.

Speak to Steve in our parts department, the table is available separately.

01403 581242

Thanks

I got one from eBay Germany a few months back... Bit of a bargain at €80 although they tend to go for around €150 plus.

I've also vinyl wrapped table tops in the past. Use a good quality hard wearing vinyl, make sure the surface is smooth and not damaged.... If it is, use an epoxy filler to tidy it. The vinyl will show pretty much all surface imperfections.

Rgds
M

i had my one covered in carbon fibre wrap when i had the units in the van done .or you could have it wrap in the colour of the van would look cool .

Thanks for your responses. £240 for an official replacement in the UK :eek: I will be looking to wrap it m'thinks!

i have seen a couple on uk ebay aprrox £150

Even £150 for what is basically a camping picnic table still seems mad. The Ali and plastic one I had for our old t4 cost £15 from go outdoors and did the job for 5 yrs.... It was just as tidy. !

I have dented mine pretty badly, I am wondering I can put something on the top as a new layer? Seems overpriced for a table even at German prices.

Morning all,

Having lent some stuff to my brother, I now have a big burn in the top of the table that fits in the sliding door of my Cali :headbang . I have had a quick look around online for a replacement and can only find the full interior panel, table included, for about £250. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement table? Alternatively has anyone "pimped" their table and put a new cover on it? Tips welcome.

Thanks,

Dom.

Ask your brother for a contribution!!!!!!!!!!!!

for £250 does it include the queen Anne chairs and crystal candleholder?

Are you in a time warp? :) That post was from 2013...

Oh how I wish I was sometimes!
Sincere apologies. I saw Matts post from today and didn't check the start date or the date on the posts previous to Matts.
Will make sure that I do better in future.

I have dented mine pretty badly, I am wondering I can put something on the top as a new layer? Seems overpriced for a table even at German prices.
You could fill the dent and smooth off then Vinyl? But if not filled and smoothed perfectly the vinyl will show any imperfections.
Stainless steel cover?

i had my one covered in carbon fibre wrap when i had the units in the van done .or you could have it wrap in the colour of the van would look cool .
Who did the wrapping? (assuming you're still here 3 years on ;))

You could fill the dent and smooth off then Vinyl? But if not filled and smoothed perfectly the vinyl will show any imperfections.
Stainless steel cover?
I was almost pondering getting the top redone, there are a lot of nice campervan tables out there, and I wondered about getting something custom put on top. Or maybe even replace the table with a new board.

There are company's stripping Cali's and selling in parts , when i type "California" in at 2nd hands sites in Belgium and Netherlands ,witch i sometimes do to look at some ads , tables do pop-up 2nd hand .

Do you have any pics of how it looks? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back