Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Strange happenings

J

josos1965

Hi all,

I have a 2013 Cali SE long story short, after a new roof fit due to corrosion and a recall in 2019 I have had no further issues with the paint work. Last week when I was cleaning the roof I noticed what looked like more corrosion. Took Cissy (the van) to my local dealers who informed me that the recall had not been done properly the first time and that it is not corroding but dirt and now needs to go in to be done again correctly ( FOC). Fab booked it in for two weeks time as they are busy.

Today nice weather thought I'd give her a clean and air. Tried to pop the roof up (never had any issues in the past) and the control panel says "closed with a tick" and wont let me move it to open, also comes up with "Note ignition on!"

Took it straight back to the dealers and asked them what they had done to her? An hour later they said "it is showing no error code", and they would check it out when its in next week. Now taking into account they didn't do the recall correct in the first place and in fact have now made the situation a whole lot worse as my roof will now not open, just wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this? :(

I have read the treads about "Note ignition on" but they all seemed to have an error code which I do not have. Roof worked fine before it went in and now it does not gutted.

I have nothing sensible to add other than say sorry you are having this trouble.
But, as an afterthought, have you done a reset of the control panel? Or a check of the error codes?

Hi all,

I have a 2013 Cali SE long story short, after a new roof fit due to corrosion and a recall in 2019 I have had no further issues with the paint work. Last week when I was cleaning the roof I noticed what looked like more corrosion. Took Cissy (the van) to my local dealers who informed me that the recall had not been done properly the first time and that it is not corroding but dirt and now needs to go in to be done again correctly ( FOC). Fab booked it in for two weeks time as they are busy.

Today nice weather thought I'd give her a clean and air. Tried to pop the roof up (never had any issues in the past) and the control panel says "closed with a tick" and wont let me move it to open, also comes up with "Note ignition on!"

Took it straight back to the dealers and asked them what they had done to her? An hour later they said "it is showing no error code", and they would check it out when its in next week. Now taking into account they didn't do the recall correct in the first place and in fact have now made the situation a whole lot worse as my roof will now not open, just wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this? :(

I have read the treads about "Note ignition on" but they all seemed to have an error code which I do not have. Roof worked fine before it went in and now it does not gutted.
Could be a sensor fault. Have a look at this thread. Other threads are available.

Update, So the garage have now reported that I needed a new ignition switch, which is the reason why the message" Ignition on" and why my roof will not open. I have asked why everything else works and why was there no indication that there were any problems with the ignition in the first place. Has anyone else had a problem like this it just seems very odd to me. Many thanks Jo

Back