Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up roof opening

B

Brianandjoy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Since going to the dealers to have a service and a repair they did a software upgrade last week,on opening the roof now it opens a small amount then the screen says roof open and it stops,I have to go through the process again of pressing pop up roof then open to get it to open,has anyone experienced it,is it the upgrade or a fault,having just spent £1000 I’m hoping the former

Mine does the same, think its a safety feature to make sure you have checked everything ie door or window open/ slide in roof open etc

Mine doesn't stop when opening. Only when closing, after a few seconds of lowering, it stops with the pinging sound (4x?). Then I can lower the roof completely.
When opening the roof, there is no stopping, warning bell or whatsoever.
Must be a new feature in the newer vans then?

Sorry, joys of trying to do it on my phone. Here's the link again: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t5-1-says-roof-open-when-i-tell-it-to-open-the-roof.36001/

I don't think the OP is talking about the safety check list (windows, blind, bed?) the comes us when you're lowering the roof every time. This is just the "Roof Open!" caption. It comes on whenever you start the engine with the roof open, to warn you not to drive off with it up (though if you have the power cable plugged in the "Cable!" warning message overrides it). If you open the roof with the engine already running (and no cable) then as soon as it cracks open, it registers engine + roof open and stops the movement for the warning message. Don't think it's clever enough to realise you're in the process of deliberately opening it! Since it only happens with the engine running and cable unplugged, you may find it's always done it but you've just not noticed before (that was the case with me!). I bought my T5.1 SE from a VW dealer in Jan, so don't know whether there was a recent software update released before that.

Back