Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Strange Line Down the Battery Display on Central Unity

Jordan L

Jordan L

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has seen this weird line down the battery before and knows what it could mean?

Attachments

• File 23-09-2017, 07 53 07.jpeg
    File 23-09-2017, 07 53 07.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 47
Looks like it's lost those pixels... Think it can be a relatively common problem...

You'll find it gets worse over time until it becomes unreadable and you have to get it sorted.
We had ours replaced 3 years ago and the dreaded lines are starting to reappear already.
I've kept this panel turned off when not using the van (which is most of the time) hoping it would prolong it's life, but it's not helped at all, so I just leave it on all the time now like I used to with the original panel.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The LCD display has carbon strips that make contact with the main board it moves and gets dirty then segment's disappear but it takes a real expert to remove clean and refit how much is a new one or is there a replacement

The LCD display has carbon strips that make contact with the main board it moves and gets dirty then segment's disappear but it takes a real expert to remove clean and refit how much is a new one or is there a replacement
Sent mine to Vertronics in Holland, now ok.

You're looking at about £750 for a new unit from VW unless you want to take a chance on a used ebay one (I wouldn't)
I'll be going for the Dutch repair once mine deteriorates to the point it's starting to annoy me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back