Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stuck in Portugal

burnercan

burnercan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
it is very unlikely that the impact in the UK will be as serious as it has been in Italy due to the very specific and unusual demographics of that country.

I remember some family members in Italy making a similar assertions to me re China/Iran about 3 weeks ago. It didn’t age well. Good luck and be safe everyone.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I’m too squeamish to deal with the cocks.
Words you never thought you’d read on the forum.
In case there was any doubt:
If strong and healthy, the female chicks are transferred to a site where they are grown to a suitable size and then moved to a laying facility — which could be a cage, free-range or barn set up. Male chicks are considered an unwanted byproduct of egg production and are killed and disposed of shortly after birth.

Joker 1299

Joker 1299

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
In case there was any doubt:
If strong and healthy, the female chicks are transferred to a site where they are grown to a suitable size and then moved to a laying facility — which could be a cage, free-range or barn set up. Male chicks are considered an unwanted byproduct of egg production and are killed and disposed of shortly after birth.
This is one of those facts about modern society that it easier to ignore or not contemplate. If ever there was a reason to become vegan, this might be it.

Bellcrew

Bellcrew

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I moved to a purely plant based diet 3 months ago.

I'm still waiting for my body to "adjust" and stop releasing noxious, fetid, insidious-yet-simultaneously-amazing toxic emissions. I'm half expecting Greta Thunberg to come knocking on my door!!
As she is also vegan I presume she has the same delightful emissions as yourself.

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I'll just leave this here

There are no eat in restaurants open, many takeaways are closed. Businesses with works canteens are shut. Fewer school dinners are being served. The slack must be taken up by the supermarkets.

Our local Macro has plenty of rice and pasta, pasta in 3Kg bags or 12Kg boxes and rice in 5Kg or 10Kg sacks. Toilet roll is 24pack BOGOFf (Buy One Get One Free).

While I’m happy to buy a 3Kg bag of pasta (about 15 family meals), or a 5Kg sack of rice (~25 meals), a 2.5Kg catering tin of chopped tomatoes just doesn’t work for us! The 24pks of smaller tins have all been bought by corner shops.

Supermarket shortages aren’t just because of stockpiling. It is also to do with eating habits being forced to change so rapidly. We’ve gone from ~60 individual meals a week at home to 84. That’s a 23% increase!

Joker 1299

Joker 1299

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
There are no eat in restaurants open, many takeaways are closed. Businesses with works canteens are shut. Fewer school dinners are being served. The slack must be taken up by the supermarkets.

Our local Macro has plenty of rice and pasta, pasta in 3Kg bags or 12Kg boxes and rice in 5Kg or 10Kg sacks. Toilet roll is 24pack BOGOFf (Buy One Get One Free).

While I’m happy to buy a 3Kg bag of pasta (about 15 family meals), or a 5Kg sack of rice (~25 meals), a 2.5Kg catering tin of chopped tomatoes just doesn’t work for us! The 24pks of smaller tins have all been bought by corner shops.

Supermarket shortages aren’t just because of stockpiling. It is also to do with eating habits being forced to change so rapidly. We’ve gone from ~60 individual meals a week at home to 84. That’s a 23% increase!
Buy one get one free? Seriously?

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Here in Belgium most supermarkets don't do discounts anymore. One of the measures against hoarding.

Wiggly Woo

Wiggly Woo

née liaoyang
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Makro stopped those bogof offers when cv hit. Plenty of loo rolls the other day but £10.99 plus vat for 24. ie 55p each or 0.28p a sheet.

551234C6-C599-44CA-8EA3-0611936F4600.jpeg

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Makro stopped those bogof offers when cv hit. Plenty of loo rolls the other day but £10.99 plus vat for 24. ie 55p each or 0.28p a sheet.

View attachment 56553
I did my Makro shop on 9 March, so I must have got mine just in time. It was saying then that the offer expiry date was sometime in April.

From 8 sheets for a penny to 4 sheets for a penny, is Makro now price gouging? I think that I'll keep my boys entertained today making two rolls from one by separating the plies. ;)