Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Summer external windscreen cover recommendations

A

Annie Camping

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi,
We have a Silverscreen cover for our Cali.
Had one for an earlier T5, new one not quite as good a fit but still good.
Great for winter use - but bulky.

I find the internal windscreen Cali blind a bit off a faf as it interferes with the rear view mirror.
So was thinking of a lightweight, packable, non insulated external cover.
Want something that fits nicely and I have seen some terrible ones on campsites.
Any ideas please?

Insulated is still good surely as it helps keep heat out when the sun is burning down on it?

We use the Fuel Lagoon one. Had various before this and they all get left in the garage and we use this all year round.

I'm interested in recommendations for these too. I just need something external silver/shiny that blacks the windows and means we don't get baked inside in the summer. There's some on amazon but have mixed reviews. I also would prefer something very slim to pack away too.
(sorry for jumping in ur thread)
b

We use a Puzer windscreen cover in both summer and winter. (Also have a Puzer pop top cover).

IMG_4714.jpeg

IMG_1290.png

We use the Fuel Lagoon one. Had various before this and they all get left in the garage and we use this all year round.

That looks like what I’m looking for. Did you go for the deluxe or slightly thinner standard one?

That looks like what I’m looking for. Did you go for the deluxe or slightly thinner standard one?
I bought one of these off the back of this thread. Ordered 2 days ago and turned up today.

I got the thicker one.

Seems Decent enough. Didn’t want anything that was going to take up loads of space and a fully insulated would do that I think .

Delux. Nice thick material but still folds and slides into chairs. Also flaps less in the wind vs the thinner one.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone’s input. The Fuel Lagoon one we got was on sale at £25. Really thick material and well made. Exactly what we wanted and fits well. The Silverscreen was used for 10 days and has now sort of fallen into shape and now fits really well. Just want to change over to the Fuel Lagoon one on our next trip as condensation should no longer be an issue. There is such a big difference in size which is the main reason for changing between the 2 between winter and summer.

We have the Comfortz external. Generally very happy with it. It packs away into the boot lid chair cavity, quickly sheds water when wet with a couple of shakes and is very effective.
My only niggle with all of these externals is that it makes opening the cab doors a bit of a faff. So, I have been pondering the Brandrup isolite external screen cover as it attaches over the windscreen only, with separate (internal) covers for cab door windows. It seems to be very thin & I maybe wouldn't want to fold, but it might store flat in the top bed.

Not taken the plunge yet, but I see California Time have recently reviewed the Sven Adult Books version. On the basis of their review it seems not quite as effective as the Comfortz option, but worthy of consideration.

Back