Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Summer Road Trip

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I'm taking the family on a 3 week European Road trip this summer and I'm looking for ideas.

Has anyone camped on the Northern Italy, Slovenia and Northern Croatian (Bay of Trieste) coastline please?

Please share any good sites and sights please. Is it pretty?

Thanks

I've never driven east of Verona, but the Dolomites are beautiful & people rave about Slovenia, Croatia & Montenegro - I'd love to drive down the coast to Split. Have you done a forum search for Croatia?

My mate toured the northern Italian Lakes with family last summer school holidays & he said it was stunning, but busy & pricey, though that's not new news to anyone.

We were thinking of going to the Italian Lakes too @hirsty and dropping through the Dolomites. Can you recommend and good spots in the Dolomites. I'm using the ACSI Camping Card App for ideas.

Hi, we went to Slovenia (and Belluno, IT) a couple of years ago, perticularly the Lake Bohinj area in the Triglav NP is absolutely beautiful. Check out http://www.camp-bohinj.si/si, a fantastic campground right at the crystalclear lake. Doesn't get any better. The whole area is fantastic, beautiful mountains en wild streaming azur-blue (yet cold!) rivers, often you can camp right on the river. Highly recommend it! Also the bordering Belluno area in the Dolomites, IT is amazing to go camping. Have fun!

Hi, we went to Slovenia (and Belluno, IT) a couple of years ago, perticularly the Lake Bohinj area in the Triglav NP is absolutely beautiful. Check out http://www.camp-bohinj.si/si, a fantastic campground right at the crystalclear lake. Doesn't get any better. The whole area is fantastic, beautiful mountains en wild streaming azur-blue (yet cold!) rivers, often you can camp right on the river. Highly recommend it! Also the bordering Belluno area in the Dolomites, IT is amazing to go camping. Have fun!
Thanks @DJ315 that site looks lovel

Back