Suspected leaking windscreen in a T6

AlisonF

AlisonF

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
The inside of the windscreen on my loan vehicle (T6 Caravelle) is like this almost every day. I dry it off thoroughly each time (and remove wet cloths to dry indoors)and leave windows open with aircon on full. I have not been using it to take dogs anywhere with lockdown and there is nothing damp left inside the vehicle.
I cannot see any leaks on sliding windows, inside doors / seals, footwells, rear break light...
The majority of the droplets are across the top of the windscreen so I suspect a leaking windscreen? Is this likely?

90F6C86C-70EE-4539-8B87-051177808D10.jpeg

Good afternoon,

Well, looking at the picture it reminded me at my VW Tiguan from 2012 and my camper (T6). Under specific weather conditions the windscreen looked (and can look) very similar.

To avoid this I leave a dehumaniser in the van (Aero 360) and (in socks) cat litter on the dashboard. It certainly helps, but still does not avoid 100% mist on the windscreen.

Regards,
Eberhard

PS
Neither in the Tiguan nor in the California I have a leaking windscreen.

Just condens building up most likely imo.
Not this amount. It’s daily. And dried out in between. Vents all closed.
I had LESS water on the windscreen in my Ocean when I transported four wet dogs daily, left water bowls in the Cali AND had leaking sliding windows!!

@AlisonF ,only way to find out is to store the van dry and see if it helps , or a watertest to see if there wateringress
I guess that’s something for the dealer to look into when my Beach arrives. My garage isn’t tall enough to get a LWB T6 in as the driveway is on an angle... I just thought it would be handy to let the dealer know there was an issue when I hand it back...

Hello,

I am not sure. If there would be a leak, I would expect that there would be water coming down in one go leaving maybe even a small puddle on the dashboard.

The way it looks is that the windscreen is full of mist, nicely distributed on the entire windscreen. That means at least there is a high concentration on humidity in the van. That could come from a leak...:(

Following the information on the forum it seems more that the sliding windows at the side are more likely to leak than the windscreen. I can't remember that I came across this before or have read here on the forum ... but I feel my age and start to forget things.

Regars,
Eberhard

My Skoda Fabia had the notorious leaking seals at the bottom of the rear door cards (which of course Skoda say they know nothing about) and the windscreen was constantly like your picture. It continued until the seals were re-done.

Hello,

I am not sure. If there would be a leak, I would expect that there would be water coming down in one go leaving maybe even a small puddle on the dashboard.

The way it looks is that the windscreen is full of mist, nicely distributed on the entire windscreen. That means at least there is a high concentration on humidity in the van. That could come from a leak...:(

Following the information on the forum it seems more that the sliding windows at the side are more likely to leak than the windscreen. I can't remember that I came across this before or have read here on the forum ... but I feel my age and start to forget things.

Regars,
Eberhard
Thank you Eberhard,

I also agree with your logic. But having had leaking sliding windows before, I am not able to find evidence of that.

None of my neighbours are experiencing problems (I appreciate the internal volume is larger in this vehicle).

Maybe I should just not worry and hope whoever buys it from the dealer once I hand it back can source the issue.

Back