Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sweden?

Driving is very good in Sweden with good empty roads but the distances are big. We took 4 children, but a little older than yours and went as far as Falun mine which is fascinating and a world heritage site and also very close to Carl Larrson's house (famous painter) which was also great. If that is too far there are very good maritime attractions in Gothenburg plus a tour of the Volvo factory in Torslanda (sad I know but really fascinating) and a quaint sort of 1950's feel fun park at Liseberg in Gothenburg was definitely a family favourite. One tip, lunch is usually a great meal if you can find a small town diner as you are travelling, often just someone's front room as a mini-cafe and always great value. Nearly all the camping is beautiful and many are lakeside, but its too long ago to remember details.We have used the Oresund Bridge several times and it is is brilliant and also a holiday highlight.in terms of travel times we did drive from Gothenburg to Fredrickshaven in Germany in 11 hours once but missed the ferry by 5 minutes due to flooding of the Elbe river..... so it was another 10 hours to get to the tunnel and back to work next day! Not a good memory. Good luck.

Thank you for the idea of the Oslo to Kiel ferry, great idea

Pricing up a one way comes to 753 Euros....may I ask how much you pay and if this is reasonable in your opinion?
No probs, that’s more, our ticket was 560 euros but difference probably due to being peak August holiday time and being booked later I suspect.
The boat is really good, second time we have used it (did Norway in 2016). It has an aqualand on it. So kids can swim whilst travelling rather than sitting in a van.

...but missed the ferry by 5 minutes due to flooding of the Elbe river..... so it was another 10 hours to get to the tunnel and back to work next day! Not a good memory. Good luck.
:oops:o_O