Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Switch bench?

tucker266

tucker266

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I'm currently trying to track down a nearly new Beach.

Really want DSG, parking heater and 2 seat bench configuration in the back. They are pretty few and far between so to give me some extra latitude, i've been thinking I could buy a 3 seater and then hope to switch it for a two-seater with somebody who wants to go the opposite way.

Is this technically feasible? I know I'll have to change the flexi board too - but the floor rails are the same?
Will need some luck in terms of finding somebody to trade with and finding matching seat material - but thats just a matter of time?

Help appreciated

Tucker

I'm currently trying to track down a nearly new Beach.

Really want DSG, parking heater and 2 seat bench configuration in the back. They are pretty few and far between so to give me some extra latitude, i've been thinking I could buy a 3 seater and then hope to switch it for a two-seater with somebody who wants to go the opposite way.

Is this technically feasible? I know I'll have to change the flexi board too - but the floor rails are the same?
Will need some luck in terms of finding somebody to trade with and finding matching seat material - but thats just a matter of time?

Help appreciated

Tucker
I believe the floor rails are the same configuration.
You may find that many 3-seater Beaches have the dark cloth finish, which is not available in the 2-seat bench, but you could always cover with Second Skin covers, or similar.

You could also try to sell the three seat bench (or store it for later resale if you have the room) and look at Reimo's benches for VW's. They even have 3 seater benches which are as wide as the Cali 2 seater bench, leaving space on the side for cooking setup etc.

Kernow campers sell Cali interiors out of written-off Cali's. They could fix you up. Keep your originals for resale.

Back