Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Switch what does it do ?

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Went to look at a ocean today ( & purchased it ) went through everything using a check list , ( was a slight tear on the roof , which is going to be mended ) there was a switch on the right hand side low down on the seat belt pillow near the drivers seat that did not seam to do anything was hoping it turns the light on when you arrive , is there a way to turn all the lights on or do you have to go round turning them o
all on and off

I think you mean the interior alarm isolator button (or whatever VW calls it). It disables the motion sensor, eg if you want to leave a pet in the van.

Or travel on a ferry.

Alan

I’ve never needed to press that button when locking and leaving the Cali with the roof up, never known the alarm to go off.

This is just a recommendation from VW, see extract from the manual below.
Screenshot_20210917-202121.jpg
If I leave the van with the roof up at a campsite, I always turn off the interior alarm. I wouldn't want to have all the campers on my back if the alarm had sounded the whole time I was gone.
It's my way of doing things, others are doing it differently.

This is just a recommendation from VW, see extract from the manual below.
View attachment 84513
If I leave the van with the roof up at a campsite, I always turn off the interior alarm. I wouldn't want to have all the campers on my back if the alarm had sounded the whole time I was gone.
It's my way of doing things, others are doing it differently.
So no mention of roof being raised.
Maybe the raised roof disables the interior sensors, as the button does.
My 3 day test seems to indicate it does.

" If the sliding/tilting roof is completely or partly open"
Now back to the Rugby Premiership - Bristol 9 Saracens 9
Yes, the sliding/tilting ? sun roof. Mine neither slides nor tilts. Yours might be different.

Last edited:
Hi

In theory, with the camping mode activated in the control console, the alarm (doors and compartment/tilt sensors) are disable, so if you are in a camping connected to 240v and the roof is open, do not worry.
This button is for deactivate the compartment and tilt sensors in case you leave the van parked with someone inside closed or parked in a ferry closed or you park in an unsafe area and you sleep inside closed. But, be careful because if you open the door from inside with the car closed with the key fob, the alarm will sound because only compartment and tilt sensors are deactivated. Read the instructions carefully, if you have bought your model with the extra of the alarm.
In any case, as an approval engineer en charge of this Regulation, alarm will only be triggered for 10 cycles to avoid falses alarms. You can also cut the alarm signal with the key fob before the 10 cycles.

So, hope I have explain myself.

Neus.

Compartment sensor is a sensor to detect movement inside the van.
Tilt sensor is for detecting angle variation when parked (imagine someone taking your car on a tow truck or truck).
Also 12V battery, doors, hood and trunk are protected.

Sorry, what do you mean with the hook up not connected? Please, could you specify?
If the van is not connected to any 240 volt supply, such as wild camping. Does the 240 volt supply connection have anything to do with de-activating the alarm if the pop top is open?

If the van is not connected to any 240 volt supply, such as wild camping. Does the 240 volt supply connection have anything to do with de-activating the alarm if the pop top is open?
Not on mine.

If the pop top is open, not connected to 240V, and the car closed with the key fob, the alarm should be triggered in case of movement inside of the van or door open.
If you close the van, without the key fob (with the door button), the alarm is deactivated but I am not sure if only sensors or also doors. Prove it.

Thanks. Just curious. I can experiment when I'm not going to annoy anyone.