Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T Festival Beaulieu

apatchee

apatchee

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Evening all,

Anybody going to T Fest at Beaulieu 11-13th August?

We're going to be there on the Sunday, looking forward to it. Be good to say hi to some other Cali owners.

Andy

Hi Andy

Yes we plan to be there and have booked a camping space - glad to read that we may not be the only California there. Look out for us reg T6 JXD and say hello.

John

Sadly have an MP booked for an extended test drive that weekend so off to Wales. Otherwise I would have been there.

Not keen on giving Beaulieu any of my money!

Can anyone give us a little more info about this event please. We'll be in the area on Saturday and whilst we won't be able to 'take part' we would like to go and have a look at what's on show. From the Beaulieu web page it looks to just be a gathering, but also suggests that it would cost us £15.00 each to go and have a look (and more if we don't drive there). I can live with that if there's a good number of wagons to look at, bu don't want to pay £30 to look at half a dozen vans!

Does anyone know roughly how many of the more modern VWs will be there? Are there stalls, e.g. awning suppliers, towbar suppliers etc.? Thanks.

There's a website but very little info on the event. It does say that if driving and appropriate vehicle there's a special rate for entry, but it doesn'the say what that rate is and it appears that you can'try book ahead for that but only pay on the gate.

I emailed Beaulieu a few days ago to ask for clarification but as yet no reply. This is typical Beaulieu - and they probably don't know how big it will be anyway.

You pay to take your VW in and it becomes part of the show that others pay to see. There may or may not be the stands and exhibitors you'd expect because it's the first time they've put this on and they'll rely on the numbers to attract the exhibitors next year. Then when the VWs have made it into an event they won't care about us any more and the cost will go up.

Well that's from my experience with the bike event that died because they pissed the bike clubs off, and the hotrod event that failed because they did the same to the rodders.

Oops, rant over - but that's why I won't be giving Beaulieu my money!

I did look at the website, and as you say, no information at all. They certainly have a winning formula for making a bob or two. I moored at Bucklers Hard for a few years, so we know all about topping up Lord Montague's funds! If we do go, I'll report back. Cheers

IMG_1744.JPG
So we nearly got there!!
We were about 10 mins away just past Lymington when the engine cut out and wouldn't restart!
Had to wait hour and half for the AA to arrive on a fairly busy country road. The 4x4 drivers kept us amused with there snooty looks!
Finally the AA mechanic arrived and towed us to a safer spot, and fitted a new ignition coil. Turned out that when it was last replaced it wasn't fitted on its mount and was just slung down under the battery where it overheated and cooked itself.
By the time we were up and running it was gone half two so we headed back home to Wimborne for a ice cream.
So another little job added to the list to sort!

For those of you who did make it was it a good weekend? We'll be there next year!
Andy

Hi John

Nice to meet you on Sunday and see your excellent accessories!!

Matt, Marie and the boys.

We cycled there and they wouldn't let us in as we didn't arrive in a VW!! I said that we had the reg and were collecting it this Friday but he said "no". We saw all these lovely VW vans going past!!! Went on to Bealieu village for tea and cake and met lots of friendly cyclists instead , not quite the same!!!