Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 Bike rack...

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
...I know, another post from me... (not sure if there are limits to how many questions you can ask! This is all new and we're still finding our feet...) :sorry

Anyway... We have a bike rack on our T4 (pic below)... I'm missing one 'clasp/arm' (it can hold four bikes but i only have clasps/arms for 3) and I fear one or two of the locking screw caps are also knackered (they don't lock or are not unscrewing).
I don't think its a Fiamma, I thought Thule, but not sure? Can anyone identify it and/or know where i might be able to source spares for it? Otherwise its a great rack! :D
Cheers!

The Frog - Day 1 Back.jpg

It looks like the atera bike rack. Google atera bike rack vw t4

It looks like the atera bike rack. Google atera bike rack vw t4
Done a bit more digging...Doesn't seem to be Atera, but found a similar one on ebay showing VW references, could it be some VW supplied?

It was westfalia branded item, so would have been available through vw dealers but I suspect no longer.
I had to buy brackets for my (different) rack. I ended up with thule ones, based on establishing the required length and diameter of the tube it fits to.

Looks similar to the Fiamma rack as well, so their parts may also fit.

We've the very same carrier on our Generation. The arm for the fourth bike actually clamps the crossbar of bikes two and four, crossing through or over bike three. This could well be why it's missing as it doesn't attach permanently to the carrier. I don't think there are many parts available individually but if it helps the whole rack part number is 7D4 071 104. Your local dealer may be able to shed some light on availability. :thumb

For the extra arm it might be worth checking whether the one for the current T5 rack is available. Having checked a few places on the interweb it looks very similar to what we have on ours and as it's current I would of thought parts should still be available. Fingers crossed.

For the extra arm it might be worth checking whether the one for the current T5 rack is available. Having checked a few places on the interweb it looks very similar to what we have on ours and as it's current I would of thought parts should still be available. Fingers crossed.
Thanks... Actually i have the 'floating' arm, but there are only 2 fixed to the rack, so missing one of those...
Will have to ask what is still possible at the dealers ;):thumb

Thanks... Actually i have the 'floating' arm, but there are only 2 fixed to the rack, so missing one of those...
Will have to ask what is still possible at the dealers ;):thumb

Ah. That's a start. I think the arms on the current T5 rack are pretty much the same. They certainly look it. I don't know about the lengths of them though. If a dealer had one on a van they might let you have a measure up.

Ah. That's a start. I think the arms on the current T5 rack are pretty much the same. They certainly look it. I don't know about the lengths of them though. If a dealer had one on a van they might let you have a measure up.
...Would you mind (no rush) measuring the arms on the one you have on the Generation - then i can know which one i'm missing... Cheers! ;):D

...Would you mind (no rush) measuring the arms on the one you have on the Generation - then i can know which one i'm missing... Cheers! ;):D
Sure thing. I'll be in it later today so will take some measurements for you. :thumb

Righty ho. School run done and measurements taken. I just measured the length of each tube, disregarding the clamp and mounting:
Short one - 125mm
Medium one - 295mm
and the Long one - 465mm
Hopefully that'll help in identifying which one you're missing and even matching the length from the T5 rack. Let us know how you go.

I have got a spare clasp arm. It is a medium length, about a foot, comes from our old T4 Westy bike rack .
It is not lockable. It has a knob at each end that you clamp either onto the bike rack or between bikes.
Sorry to tell you so late in the day but it needs a home.

I have got a spare clasp arm. It is a medium length, about a foot, comes from our old T4 Westy bike rack .
It is not lockable. It has a knob at each end that you clamp either onto the bike rack or between bikes.
Sorry to tell you so late in the day but it needs a home.
Would be great... Thanks...
Would just need to work out the logisitics (I'm in Belgium, but have family in Sheffield)...
Will send you a PM... Cheers!