Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 elevating roof safety net

Levitated

Levitated

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I'm looking to fit a safety net to my T4s elevating roof, has anyone done this and con offer advice. Reimo make one but its not listed especially for T4 poptop. Cheers, Matt

I made one for mine. Bought an old travel cot off ebay for a £1. It had a nice strong panel with a strong mesh inner, the bottom of which I Velcro-ed under the mattress. I made a little frame for the top from plastic conduit from b&q (about £3) which attaches to hooks in my roof.
I may be able to find a photo if you fancy / don't mind a diy solution.
If it really is to stop very young kids falling out in the night, then it has to be strong enough. Mine's a bit of a deterrent, and stops my pillows falling.

I tried to find an original net for a while and then remembered that I had one of these tucked away in the celler:

http://www.argos.co.uk/beta/static/Product/partNumber/3407129.htm

It has three metal tubes on each side, by building it with one tube less each side it fits perfectly length wise across the width of the van. I see from your signature that you have an early Cali, so you should have the metal H frame like me. The bed then sits on the roof of the van and leans against the H Frame. It wedges in really well and my two little ones are nice and secure up there.

I don't have any photos, but hopefully that makes sense!

I decided to buy an off the shelf safety net. After looking around I found that this one was the best fit and cost just under £60 including postage. When it arrived I was surprised to find that it was a REIMO product. Hopefully from my photos below you can see that it fits really well.20160314_120407.jpg 20160314_120423.jpg 20160314_120438.jpg

Tidy job! Were your roof fixings already on place?

Not noticeably and you could mount it the other way around. This would give you another 30mm of mattress space but I decided to mount it this way because it can be placed flat under the mattress when the room is lowered.

Back