Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 Westfalia sliding door window replacement

Hubble

Hubble

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi
The scaffolder next door has kindly put the side window through on my 2003 T4 Westfalia California.
Anyone know of someone who can come out and fit a replacement?
South East London
Thanks!

Hi
The scaffolder next door has kindly put the side window through on my 2003 T4 Westfalia California.
Anyone know of someone who can come out and fit a replacement?
South East London
Thanks!
Most Insurance companies have a list of recommended Auto Glass fitters who will come out. I would suspect your biggest problem would be finding a replacement.

Thanks. That is indeed my biggest problem. VW dealership can't get the part anymore. Just Kampers said no, put me on to Cali Campers. Waiting to hear back. It's looking unlikely that I'll get one so I guess I would have a normal T4 window fitted. I guess that would fit?
Also waiting to hear back from VW Heritage. Anyone else worth a try?

Thanks. That is indeed my biggest problem. VW dealership can't get the part anymore. Just Kampers said no, put me on to Cali Campers. Waiting to hear back. It's looking unlikely that I'll get one so I guess I would have a normal T4 window fitted. I guess that would fit?
Also waiting to hear back from VW Heritage. Anyone else worth a try?
I'm sure you can get a window, but it may have to be from a 3rd party rather than OEM.

Which window are we talking about?
If its the Perspex version found on some models over the kitchen unit then i can imagine this being harder to source (though not impossible), but i would have thought any of the glass panels from the rest of the van are no different from standard glass from other models (perhaps with the exception of the ones with double-glazed panels, but I'm not sure if they were unique to the Cali models?) so i wouldn't expect those to be difficult to find.
Indeed I agree with others saying that Cali-Campers should be able to help you (had a great experience with them recently and found them extremely helpful) - Once you've sourced one I'm sure your local auto glass fitters should have no problem fitting it.
Good luck

It's the passenger side sliding door of a LHD T4 California but it is indeed double glazed. Cali Campers have helped me out too so I'm hoping they can help with this.

Amp autowerks in Leeds are breaking Left hand drive multi van, post on Facebook

I spoke to Cali Campers on Friday and James told me they had a single glazed unit that would fit. I drove down to the New Forest from London on Monday only to find instead of a fixed window for the sliding door he had a sliding window. When I politely pointed out that wasn't what I was looking for he got upset and told me to 'f off out of his yard'. By this point I was unable to find out if what he had would actually fit!
Does anyone know if the apertures in the side centre panel and opposite sliding door are the same (they look like they are) ie same size and symmetrical.
The window I need to replace (sliding door, RHS of a LHD T4) is part number 703 845 301 R. I can't find a number for the opposite side, it may be obscured by the kitchen unit.

Back