Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5.1 advice on anti roll/lowering

marshian70

marshian70

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all
I've flicked through previous threads but interested to hear from you all on relative cost/benefits of replacing the rear anti roll bar vs lowering.
Has anyone done both? Which made the most difference? I'm looking to improve body roll so leaning towards replacing the roll bar?
Anyone retro fitted the ARB? What was the cost - dealer or Indy (I'm not a diyer)
Thanks

Hi all
I've flicked through previous threads but interested to hear from you all on relative cost/benefits of replacing the rear anti roll bar vs lowering.
Has anyone done both? Which made the most difference? I'm looking to improve body roll so leaning towards replacing the roll bar?
Anyone retro fitted the ARB? What was the cost - dealer or Indy (I'm not a diyer)
Thanks
Hi marshian70, I have fitted both, the H&R Anti Roll Bars made the most difference, the van is lowered 30mm with 19" wheels and 40mm profile tyres. cost of ARBs and drop links £450 approx. 20160901_150308.jpg 20150912_143019.jpg

Thanks daz60. Any reason why you went for H&R over VW own?
Nice looking van BTW

Thanks daz60. Any reason why you went for H&R over VW own?
Nice looking van BTW
Hi marshian70, I went for H&R because they are considered the best and highly rated on the VW T5 Forum were many vans have had them fit with only good reports. After fitting them to my van what a great improvement, handles very well no roll on bends or around islands, money well spent

I fitted the rear ARB only. It's a very straight forward job so should not take more than 30 mins for a vw workshop. It made a huge improvement to handling. The front one is a much bigger job and I wouldn't attempt that myself, so I haven't done it. Lowering is a completely different topic and for us would limit massively where we go in our Cali. 30mm Seikel lift is our choice. Up, up and away...

Hi Daz
Finally gonna order the H&R roll bars. Presumably it is just theT5 version, nothing specific to the Cali? If you still had the part no. that would be great.
Do you need to order the drop links separately? Are they necessary?
Cheers

Hi marshian70, I went for H&R because they are considered the best and highly rated on the VW T5 Forum were many vans have had them fit with only good reports. After fitting them to my van what a great improvement, handles very well no roll on bends or around islands, money well spent

Hi Daz
Finally gonna order the H&R roll bars. Presumably it is just theT5 version, nothing specific to the Cali? If you still had the part no. that would be great.
Do you need to order the drop links separately? Are they necessary?
Cheers
Hi marshian70, got my drop links from this guy
eBay item number:
201426106411. Will find out about H&R for you

Nice van Daz60,
Do you mind me asking which wheels you have fitted?
Hi Cumbrian, the wheels are VW Amarok LTD edition 19". They have been re painted Black and Red.20170419_113548.jpg

Hi marshian70, I have fitted both, the H&R Anti Roll Bars made the most difference, the van is lowered 30mm with 19" wheels and 40mm profile tyres. cost of ARBs and drop links £450 approx. View attachment 19214 View attachment 19215
daz60 - very useful information. Can you elaborate on what advantage the drop links give you and how they are specifically adjusted. Many thanks.