Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5.1 bike rack - max weight per rail?

DOMINICGG1234

DOMINICGG1234

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Daft question alert sorry! I have a t5.1. Heading to Belgium in a couple of weeks. Was just going with my normal bike. A friend is now joining with his e bike. Battery is not removable. Is it ok to have this much weight on there for one bike (ie not 4 x 15kg bikes). His weighs 26kg and mine probably about 15kg. Anyone advice on which way to load gratefully received

Daft question alert sorry! I have a t5.1. Heading to Belgium in a couple of weeks. Was just going with my normal bike. A friend is now joining with his e bike. Battery is not removable. Is it ok to have this much weight on there for one bike (ie not 4 x 15kg bikes). His weighs 26kg and mine probably about 15kg. Anyone advice on which way to load gratefully received
I believe there is a 45kg limit. But there might be a limit of 17kg per bike?

60kg for the rack. so you can carry one bike or upto 4, or a storage bag....upto 60kg total.

Weight is OK. Heaviest bike next to vehicle.

I also alternate the orientation of each bike...so first to left, second to right etc. This means that you do not get a build-up at one point.

Back