Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Cali Roof not working. Any help

A

AndyStatham

First trip of the season - ROOF NOT OPENING - . So we’re actually on site and setting up. The roof mechanism either doesn’t respond or works for a short amount then stops. Managed to get it back down but the panel is still saying it’s open, and whilst trying to open says ‘’Roof fault”. It’s a 2008 California. We’ve had it for 10 years and never an issue. I guess this was always going to happen at some point… I’m now in two minds as to whether or not I should try it again this morning. I have a roof tie down kit but any tips or advice much appreciated.

Did you check the fuses?
I have a small switch underneath the driverseat which cuts power for roof and all thw thingis bwhind the seat (LHD). Do you have something similar?

Did you check the fuses?
I have a small switch underneath the driverseat which cuts power for roof and all thw thingis bwhind the seat (LHD). Do you have something similar?
I will have a look. The mechanism does work briefly. Last night it opened about 200mm. Then wouldn’t move any further. After a few attempts it did shut again. So at the moment it is shut and I’m able to drive with the tie down straps on. Control panel still saying it’s open tho. This is the first trip of the season tho and I was too busy to clean and check everything before leaving home. Looking in the gutter it’s not too clean and plenty of gunk in there. The flap for the electricity was also pretty hard to open. I’m actually wondering if it just needs cleaning out with some warm water, and resetting…