Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 SE lower bed mattress, or lack of it.

B

BuieBodach

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
It's dawned on me after several uncomfortable nights sleeping downstairs, that the used T5 SE I bought didn't come with the factory 'mattress'. The duvets we use to provide padding under us just don't cut it! There's a single ~50mm thick pad on the 'parcel shelf', but nothing to cover the folded down seats.
What should there be, and in its absence, what would be the best mattress to buy, that doesn’t take up too much space? (Weather permitting we sleep upstairs.)
Thanks!

We went for the Ixtend which works well for us. It quickly folds into 3 for storage on the rear shelf in the boot. Some may prefer inflatable or roll up options.

We use an added comfort mattress as well as a mattress topper rolled up when not in use . That makes it comfy

What should there be, and in its absence, what would be the best mattress to buy, that doesn’t take up too much space? (Weather permitting we sleep upstairs.)
Thanks!
That is exactly how it came from the factory as standard.

It's dawned on me after several uncomfortable nights sleeping downstairs, that the used T5 SE I bought didn't come with the factory 'mattress'. The duvets we use to provide padding under us just don't cut it! There's a single ~50mm thick pad on the 'parcel shelf', but nothing to cover the folded down seats.
Thanks!
We use a duvalay mattress and find it very comfortable we went for the gold one, it folds up on to parcel shelf for storage.

Brandrup thin parcel shelf pad (allows bed to be used with shelf in upper setting) and cali specific duvalay freshtec matress.

Back