• Start date
chris ratay traveler

chris ratay traveler

Overlanding South America w T6.1 Ocean 204, 4M+
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Android Auto no longer connecting...

UPDATE: Tried my wife's phone and my friend's phone, and neither would connect. Then I found the (Factory?) Reset on the radio, wiped out the radio, and now it seems to be working.

I've had the new T6.1 just over a month, and drove over 2200km without issue. The last few times driving, my van isn't finding AA. Tried with 2 other cables, all original cables, the last time was at VW with one of their cables, and no joy.

Bluetooth finds the phone (Samsung Note 10), and when I plug in the Samsung original USBC to USBC cable, it registered that the phone is charging, but AA is not found. Once in awhile the AA button becomes available and ready to connect, but then I get an error message saying "Unable to Connect"

Last week if I turned everything off (phone and van, with key out), then started both again and it would connect. But now that doesn't work anymore.

I have VPN but it's not connected. Also, how to get rid of the "Private" guy? I tried signing up for My VW app, but it's not allowing me to complete the registration.

I have an appointment at VW on Monday, but hoping you folks can help.

Photo was taken with cable connected.
Anyone else able to fix the problem?
2022-12-28 11.29.05.jpg

Last edited:
And possibly usb settings on your phone

Thanks @yossarian - my settings are the same as yours, except this. I will change to Default and try.

Also, what do you mean by USB settings on the phone?
Is it in the area shown in the 2nd photo? (the phone is not plugged in at the moment). I will check when I get to the van later this morning.

2022-12-31 07.56.57.jpg 2022-12-31 08.01.27.jpg

Also, what do you mean by USB settings on the phone?

This seems to be read only in Android 13 now. Sometime in the past it was possible to turn off the data part of your USB connection.

More suggestions (I'm really just spraygunning it):
  • A long press (30s or so) on the power button of your head unit might reset it.
  • Try initiate the connection from the phone.
  • Disconnecting the starter battery resets the head unit. Get rid of subsequent errors by driving van. A bit nuclear I know.

Android Auto no longer connecting...

I've had the new T6.1 just over a month, and drove over 2200km without issue. The last few times driving, my van isn't finding AA. Tried with 2 other cables, all original cables, the last time was at VW with one of their cables, and no joy.

Bluetooth finds the phone (Samsung Note 10), and when I plug in the Samsung original USBC to USBC cable, it registered that the phone is charging, but AA is not found. Once in awhile the AA button becomes available and ready to connect, but then I get an error message saying "Unable to Connect"

Last week if I turned everything off (phone and van, with key out), then started both again and it would connect. But now that doesn't work anymore.

I have VPN but it's not connected. Also, how to get rid of the "Private" guy? I tried signing up for My VW app, but it's not allowing me to complete the registration.

I have an appointment at VW on Monday, but hoping you folks can help.

Photo was taken with cable connected.
Anyone else able to fix the problem?
View attachment 103578
“Also, how to get rid of the "Private" guy?”

Go to ‘Users’ and click on the settings gear wheels (bottom right), then ‘Privacy settings and services’, then select what you want to allow.

C622C668-DB72-4FE7-9B8C-71A7D8C8AE51.jpeg

28B7E230-F9AD-4391-8B57-816A2023E932.jpeg

DA8E0E5A-7B38-4484-8039-C2BC3C606EFB.jpeg

“Also, how to get rid of the "Private" guy?”

Go to ‘Users’ and click on the settings gear wheels (bottom right), then ‘Privacy settings and services’, then select what you want to allow.

View attachment 103592

View attachment 103593
Thanks. I'll update the original post....
Tried my wife's phone and my friend's phone, and neither would connect. Then I found the (Factory?) Reset on the radio, and now it works. :)

When I tried working on the privacy, it won't let me save a newID (although that was before the reset)

Back