Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Android Auto not connecting.

Monty6

Monty6

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Android Auto won't connect t with my Samsung A71 on Blutooth, but does using cable. 2023 Ocean. What am I doing wrong, please?

Android Auto won't connect t with my Samsung A71 on Blutooth, but does using cable. 2023 Ocean. What am I doing wrong, please?
You may not be doing anything wrong, I have the same issue on both me and my wife's phone both Google Pixel's a 6a and a 6 pro neither will connect via Bluetooth although fine when wired, we also have the added problem that the whole system randomly shuts down especially frustrating when using the built in nav as it looses the current route requiring you to re-enter it, not great when you on your own in the van trying to concentrate on where you are going. Obviously the dealer or should I say VW UK say it is an incompatibility issue with our phones this is despite us having a loan caddy and Tiago which worked flawlessly, the Tiago having exactly the same system as the Cali. On the last trip to the dealer we even tried the Pixel pro in a brand new Cali on the forecourt and it connected straight away via Bluetooth to Android Auto. This is an ongoing issue for us that has been present since we took delivery of the vehicle in October last year. The latest info we have is that an upcoming "over the air" update may sort it. Coincidentally tonight an update has appeared although due to the confusing way these updates are carried out I don't know when the update will actually be installed and working. I will report back once the update is installed.

TBH, you're not missing out. The Wireless BT use of Carplay or the Android equivalent is slow and has a lag. We gave up very quickly and just use wired. As Rick says, likely noting wrong, just the connection is finicky and requires precise steps. You may also want to ensure your Android has one of its daily/weekly updates applied.

Thanks both for the responses. Will use the cable. My phone works well on Android Auto in our Audi, so it seems a bit odd.