Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Aux Heater - Does it run in the summer?

steves1919

steves1919

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,

I had a fault with my T6.1 auxillary (camping) heater which went to the dealership to be fixed.

They told me that the issue has been resolved by replacing the diesel camping heater but that I won't be able to test it in the summer / when the outside temperature is warm. But they weren't able to tell me the operating parameters.

Is anyone else able to run theirs when the outside temp is ~24C (i.e. now in the UK)? Or does anyone know the maximum outdoor temperature at which it won't run?

Thanks
Steve

Hi,

I had a fault with my T6.1 auxillary (camping) heater which went to the dealership to be fixed.

They told me that the issue has been resolved by replacing the diesel camping heater but that I won't be able to test it in the summer / when the outside temperature is warm. But they weren't able to tell me the operating parameters.

Is anyone else able to run theirs when the outside temp is ~24C (i.e. now in the UK)? Or does anyone know the maximum outdoor temperature at which it won't run?

Thanks
Steve
It should certainly work in the summer, maybe not when it’s 30+c, but put it on maximum and switch on in the morning. Should run fine.

Just wait till the sun goes down and blast it on max! :D

It's running on max.. with no heat output (yet).

The heater fan is blowing at the reduced speed (the one I remember from when it thought it was at temperature).

I'll try later :fingers-crossed:

It's running on max.. with no heat output (yet).

The heater fan is blowing at the reduced speed (the one I remember from when it thought it was at temperature).

I'll try later :fingers-crossed:
That's weird..... try Welshgas's suggestion and have a go first thing tomorrow AM ........ there is no reason for it not to work then unless still fauly.....

Err..... is the fuel tank below 1/4? That will stop it!

I thought it was only reserve that stopped it? Anyway, I'm at 1/3.

So, it started to blow more, then fail to heat. Then turn off and turn off the heating light on the control panel.

New heater and it looks like it might be back to square one. After 4 weeks at the dealership. DOH!

Just a thought....... are your batteries in good order? I had similar issues, replaced both batteries....... heater works :thumb

Hi,

Thanks
Steve
Daft question, but do you have it set to ventilate?

Another daft question. Is it set to Heat Immediately, or Heat Continuously? It should be the latter if you don’t want the run time to time out when playing with it.

Back