Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 California Coast Ordered

mr_glasgow84

mr_glasgow84

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi folks,

I've been on here for quite a while, last posting a couple of years ago when I was considering entering the 'van life' world. You were all very helpful at the time and I look forward to learning more!

Fast forward to the present day and I've placed an order with Liverpool Van Centre for a Coast in Ascot Grey, which is a colour I love. I also added the LED lights as I recall the lights being very poor on a rented Ocean I drove a couple of years ago.

I'm really looking forward to taking delivery (around this time next year I imagine) and we have already started to buy some bits n bobs based on watching many videos and reading a lot on-line.

I plan to do some cosmetic tweeks when I take delivery and I'm contemplating some sort of wrap (current car is wrapped) but am undecided as yet.

My Instagram page will be updated with relevant pics and videos from now until we take delivery next year and beyond so feel free to stop by: @mr_glasgow84

Cheers,

Martin

Good to hear that you have been on the forum following the threads and then finally ordered a van. Will be great to see the pics when van arrives.

:welcome it'll be worth the wait, have you added any other options ? I highly recommend adding the rear view camera
To be honest, we discussed the various options and even paying the extra for the Ocean but with the exception of the digital dash, there's nothing else I want (or need). I've had the rear view cam on previous cars and on my current daily but I've never been a fan...but on a bus....time will tell lol.

Contemplated tints but I want limo black so I'll have this done post collection. Looking elsewhere for a comfort mattress based on recommendations.

I'd prefer to focus on some visual enhancements but I'm in two minds about the standard alloys - currently driving a car with 20 inch rims and potholes and generally poor road conditions make the daily commute rather stressful at times. 16 inch rims and lots of rubber will make a refreshing change but they don't look great so I'm in two minds about whether I'll go for something aftermarket at a later date.

Other than that, I'm hoping the Coast will be everything that we hope for and need.

Hi folks,

I've been on here for quite a while, last posting a couple of years ago when I was considering entering the 'van life' world. You were all very helpful at the time and I look forward to learning more!

Fast forward to the present day and I've placed an order with Liverpool Van Centre for a Coast in Ascot Grey, which is a colour I love. I also added the LED lights as I recall the lights being very poor on a rented Ocean I drove a couple of years ago.

I'm really looking forward to taking delivery (around this time next year I imagine) and we have already started to buy some bits n bobs based on watching many videos and reading a lot on-line.

I plan to do some cosmetic tweeks when I take delivery and I'm contemplating some sort of wrap (current car is wrapped) but am undecided as yet.

My Instagram page will be updated with relevant pics and videos from now until we take delivery next year and beyond so feel free to stop by: @mr_glasgow84

Cheers,

Martin
I see you’re waving goodbye to a Type R. Would love to have a weekend in Wales with one of those!
Have you thought about adding the Sports Pack? Includes the best California wheels (18” Springfields), Black wing mirrors, b-pillars, undertray and a darker factory tint along with acoustic laminated cab glass.

Yes, great car but looking forward to moving in a totally different direction with the Cali tbh.

I looked at the Sports Pack but if I don't go down the full wrap route, I plan to have the wing mirrors and b pillars wrapped along with some side stripes and a few other pieces. I knew exactly what I wanted visually on the Civic but I find it harder to visualise on the California so will just play it by ear once I take delivery I think.

Wheel wise...tough one but I'll see how the standard offerings are before deciding.

Toluca’s….
Hmm well we’re into taste here of
course, but they’re not a factory option. And they look a little bit caravan in my opinion - I’m not a fan of the diamond cut wheels except maybe the Palmerstons:Iamsorry

Ask Liverpool about the limo tint. They do it themselves. Weve ordered it from them instead of the vw tint.

Hi folks,

Cheers,

Martin
Hi folks,

Cheers,

Martin
Hi folks,

Cheers,

Martin
Excellent choice, we can play snap on site! You are right about the head lights, I realised too late, will look at brighter bulbs at some point. I have reversing camera, 80l tank, extra keys, mattress, and full opening to pop up roof. Ascot Grey is a good colour, blends well with lining. Bon voyage.

Triple snap! We're waiting (oh, the waiting) on an Ascot Grey Coast from Liverpool VC too.