Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 California. "Error : fresh water pump. Please visit workshop"

O

olivole

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi,
The fresh water pump no longer works. I replaced it. I have water again. But after 5', the water shuts off. The following message appears on the console : "Fresh water pump. Please visit workshop." I don't know the cause of the initial pump failure. I replaced it with this model : "Comet 300/201-1 Pompe Submersible VIP Plus 12 V 20".
Any idea to solve this problem?

Comet 300201-1.jpg

what was written on the one you took out?

Unbelievable, just getting my van ready for next week and I got exactly the same error on my 6.1 coast

when I search on part number 10R -058103, it comes up as a comet 12v pump 9 litres per minute 0.5 bar. Your replacement is 20 litres per minute 1.1 bar. perhaps your ocean is clever enough to know you are drawing too much current or pumping too much pressure

when I search on part number 10R -058103, it comes up as a comet 12v pump 9 litres per minute 0.5 bar. Your replacement is 20 litres per minute 1.1 bar. perhaps your ocean is clever enough to know you are drawing too much current or pumping too much pressure
Thanks for this finding. Which one do you advised me to install ? Any link ?

I just installed the new pump. It works. No more stopping after 5'. Thanks for your help !

Well, I fell into the same trap with these pumps, it would seem that you can buy several different pump varieties from Comet that all have that same part number on the body. I too unwittingly bought the VIP plus version on line which is the upgrade with a higher pumping capacity instead of the plain old VIP version, dealership tech told me that the T6.1 does measure the current drawn and can tell the difference, hence the stop/start that the original OP was suffering from. Tech told me it was so common they actually keep the pumps in stock and advised to drain the tank if you don't use the tap regularly in the summer and certainly during the winter to prevent freezing.

Well, I fell into the same trap with these pumps, it would seem that you can buy several different pump varieties from Comet that all have that same part number on the body. I too unwittingly bought the VIP plus version on line which is the upgrade with a higher pumping capacity instead of the plain old VIP version, dealership tech told me that the T6.1 does measure the current drawn and can tell the difference, hence the stop/start that the original OP was suffering from. Tech told me it was so common they actually keep the pumps in stock and advised to drain the tank if you don't use the tap regularly in the summer and certainly during the winter to prevent freezing.
And now to make matters worse, I decided to check out the old pump, impeller visible on the underside was stiff to turn, put slight inward pressure on the central drive shaft and it is now free as a bird and working again, just saying , before you part with your cash, try it, might work for another month or another year, who knows

Hi,
The fresh water pump no longer works. I replaced it. I have water again. But after 5', the water shuts off. The following message appears on the console : "Fresh water pump. Please visit workshop." I don't know the cause of the initial pump failure. I replaced it with this model : "Comet 300/201-1 Pompe Submersible VIP Plus 12 V 20".
Any idea to solve this problem?

View attachment 128813
I have a genuine VW replacement that I bought in error. The fault was with my tap not the pump. You are very welcome to the pump for £10 + postage.

Back