Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Digital Cockpit - SatNav not changing screens

npower

npower

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi!

We've got a T6.1 California recently, with the Discover Media (not Pro).

However, we cannot for the life of us get the map to move behind the steering wheel rather than being in the centre display. It has a really odd interface that's different to what was in the vehicles we saw in the showroom, and also our 2019 Golf, so it doesn't have the button that shows a map with an arrow pointing towards the wheel.

Is this a software bug? We can only get the compass view to show when changing the view to navigation behind the wheel.

IMG_20200909_130642.jpg

I don’t believe you can on the model year 20, you can only have the arrow unless you have the pro head unit.

I think that’s one of the changes for model year 21 that now allows this. So unless you got your Cali in the last couple of weeks I don’t think you can.

It's never mentioned as a feature of the media pro system though? We have exactly the same setup on the golf and it allows it to be moved, I was under the impression the pro allowed you to show it on both screens at the same time

Don’t know to be honest - still waiting for ours to arrive but I’ve done a lot of reading on here.

I’m basing what I said on posts like this:

MY 21 VW Build Year

Don’t know to be honest - still waiting for ours to arrive but I’ve done a lot of reading on here.

I’m basing what I said on posts like this:

MY 21 VW Build Year

Oops that link didn’t work!

It's never mentioned as a feature of the media pro system though? We have exactly the same setup on the golf and it allows it to be moved, I was under the impression the pro allowed you to show it on both screens at the same time
If the van is not an MY21 build I suspect it will need a software update to enable it, that is if VW have made it backward compatible. I'd check with your dealer. It certainly has been said it can happen on MY21 Discovery Media.

Hi, has anyone taken delivery of a model year 2021 Cali with the standard fit Discover Media (not Pro) satnav?

I’m keen to know if the VW statement that from MY21 the map can be displayed on the dashboard as well as the satnav screen is true in real life ?
Thanks

Back