Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 discover media engineering menu

O

oliver100

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Just fault finding some of the software gremlins on my t6.1 and have found in you hold the menu button for 3 seconds it allows you to go into an engineering mode that allows update and various diagnostics. Not sure if people already know about this but though my it might be usefull for someone :thumb

this is my current version:2B69A545-62DC-4A3D-A2B3-F3C6EC9F1142.jpeg

It’s worth noting that messing around with these menus is done at your own risk, I just wanted versions and to do an update check before contacting the dealer and progressing the faults I have found...

It’s worth noting that messing around with these menus is done at your own risk, I just wanted versions and to do an update check before contacting the dealer and progressing the faults I have found...
Now what hidden combination of presses/buttons gives you the hidden VW diagnostic menu on the new Control Panel?

On the old Panel it was the the R lower button ( back button ) and pressing the Knob , holding both for about 5 seconds.
Fancy experimenting?

Tried a few combinations but I’ll let you know if I figure it out :thumb. Mine seems to switch the display light for the rear air con unit on when the heater is on which is annoying at night and if you switch the ignition on and off the whole display stays on until you kill the parking heater. Pretty sure that will be firmware related on the camping computer even though Vw Liverpool assured me it was fully up to date when I picked it up on Thursday

Ok so as a follow up I changed the profile nickname on the VW identity of the primary user for the vehicle the other day and since then it refused to sync the change to the infotainment and the digital cockpit when you first get in the car. Not a big deal but it’s been bugging me along with sitting waiting for the profile loading message to disappear. Well I had a thought tonight and have dropped the ampersand on the Vw identify nickname I had added when I set it to mine & my wife’s name and hey presto the dash now shows the correct updated account nickname and loaded instantly. Will report back if this solves the profile loading issue but be careful with any special characters in your nickname as the van didn’t like them!

The ampersand caused the problem?
I’m a software dev, that’s such a noddy bug lol

I know right, im an IT infrastructure guy and did laugh when it resolved the sync issue. We used to see it loads with older applications. It could be a coincidence, maybe VW’s back end system have been having issues for a few days but it literally worked the instant I changed the nickname and synced to the dash when unlocking the car seconds later