Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Discover Media Pro new problem

Slightly off the exact topic….. I find the voice on Google and Waze a bit too harsh and without any softness (yes I know, it’s only a ‘puter) but I like the voice on Tomtom, she is calm and reassuring. Also Waze just seems a bit too childlike in its presentation and operation. These are of course personal opinions and I am a bit of a grumpy old man! :D
Just discovered Waze to try and fix the pixellating issue (it doesn’t fix it). I don’t find it very intuitive, and it’s owned by Google so data is the same I presume. I quite like the emojis for other users, and the warnings of floods, cars broken down on the side of the road etc, but will give TomTom a go on your recommendation

Just discovered Waze to try and fix the pixellating issue (it doesn’t fix it). I don’t find it very intuitive, and it’s owned by Google so data is the same I presume. I quite like the emojis for other users, and the warnings of floods, cars broken down on the side of the road etc, but will give TomTom a go on your recommendation
Might be worth waiting a week or two? Tomtom usually do deals around this time of year. I got my app for less than £20. I have used Tomtom on physical device for about 8 years and keep coming back to it :)

Hello
My Google map has started mashing up occasionally. Anyone had this, where the map itself (not the side bars) starts to pixelate? If I fill the whole screen with the map, then revert to the map/music combo it seems to clear, but only temporarily…???
View attachment 103315
In a way I’m glad it’s not just ours doing this. The screen started to get corrupted in the summer, but only occasionally and mainly on Waze. At the time I thought it was an issue with my phone, as Waze is power hungry, and the phone was getting hot. On our last trip a few days ago it was doing this on Google Maps, every few minutes. After checking, it’s impacting every App, and the phone battery goes down quick and gets hot.

In a way I’m glad it’s not just ours doing this. The screen started to get corrupted in the summer, but only occasionally and mainly on Waze. At the time I thought it was an issue with my phone, as Waze is power hungry, and the phone was getting hot. On our last trip a few days ago it was doing this on Google Maps, every few minutes. After checking, it’s impacting every App, and the phone battery goes down quick and gets hot.
Just driven for 3 hours and it the screen was perfect. Strange how random it seems to be…

When the screen scrambles my phone gets hot, so it must be communicating like crazy. I’m wondering if it’s an Apple phone thing or all phones?

Used Apple Car Play and Google maps on a journey today and no issues.

When the screen scrambles my phone gets hot, so it must be communicating like crazy. I’m wondering if it’s an Apple phone thing or all phones?
It’s a Carplay issue so yes definitely Apple related, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the phone is the problem.

Interesting that @66tim99 and @TR7_Driver both had no issues today. Have you had an over the air software update as far as you know?

I don’t know. Is there a way to tell?
It tells you when there is an update available and then reboots after installing. Mine hasn’t done that for a few weeks. You can find software version number in the menus. I’ll check mine in the morning and we can see if its the same!

0F5468A0-7891-4261-AC12-8425C5519D0F.jpeg
This is mine this morning, showing software version 0781 and Media Codec: 3.1.4. No updates available when I press ‘Update software’. Anyone got any advance on this. Mine is still breaking up on these versions

Checked mine this morning also,

Device Part Number 3G5035816K
Hardware H22
Software 0306
Navigation 22.12
Media Codec - In hex code!

No updates available.

Compared to GrahamB I have a different hardware and software versions, my device part number is also different, last letter is a "K" and not a "B".

My Phone is an iPhone XR with IOS 16.2

Not experienced any pixelating issues to date.

Hi

I'm also having this issue, break up on google maps and the screen seems slow and unresponsive.

There seems to be a delay on information received through the touch screen and it is slow to respond to an on screen button push. I have return the Cali to VW Citygate to check, they did a firmware update but it hasn't solved the issue.

I've had this issue since November last year so have been keeping an eye on various other forums where it's been discussed. Saw a new suggestion for a temporary fix - when you've started Google Maps with CarPlay, before you do anything else hit the icon in the bottom left (4 arrows). That'll give you the +/- zoom controls - zoom in/out (don't think it matters in what order) then hit 'Done' in the top right. Tried it today and managed a whole journey with no purple screen so looks promising.

IMG_1360.JPEG

IMG_1361.JPEG

IMG_1362.JPEG

Thanks for the reply I will try this out, I do use the zoom function quite a bit on longer journeys.
My hunch is its some thing to do with the software
At some point late last year it just slowed down, google maps also slowed in functionality so when you reach a roundabout or junction maps is not there yet making it difficult to navigate. Also when I press a on screen touch button it takes about 5 seconds to register the action.
It was defiantly not like this when a did a long trip in the summer.
I have checked my software and its newer than the version posted above. Can post details if needed.
Thanks again for the possible temp fix would appreciate if you discover anything else and I will also update my end.

Back