Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Electric tailgate conversion?

Q

Quest193

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi all, the newbies back, I finally got my 21 Cali ocean 4 matic which was someone else’s build (then cancelled it) so I had zero input. My question is around the manual tailgate. If I pull on the release the motor disengages the lock then I can lift it, if I press on the tailgate remote the hazard lights flashing twice, because it’s manual, I’m loot at getting it to operate electrically but have no idea what I’m up against, ive been told buy a kit for 500 pounds all the way to replace the entire tailgate and my limited knowledge thought its just a case of putting in the bits the factory left out. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi all, the newbies back, I finally got my 21 Cali ocean 4 matic which was someone else’s build (then cancelled it) so I had zero input. My question is around the manual tailgate. If I pull on the release the motor disengages the lock then I can lift it, if I press on the tailgate remote the hazard lights flashing twice, because it’s manual, I’m loot at getting it to operate electrically but have no idea what I’m up against, ive been told buy a kit for 500 pounds all the way to replace the entire tailgate and my limited knowledge thought its just a case of putting in the bits the factory left out. Any help would be greatly appreciated
The California is not sold with the Electric opening tailgate for 1 reason. It's too heavy with the chairs, double glazing etc.
Only the Transporter/Caravelle are sold with that option.

Hi have the same "problem" with mine T6.1 Ocean and searching on the web I've found a solution from Hansshow. Has anyone mounted it? also works with Ocean (chairs) and empty bikerack?
Moreover checking instruction manual it seems too hard for mounting it by myself.

Following this thread as I'd be interested to hear on this too

Back