Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Ocean Road Tax....doubled?

jillyfish

jillyfish

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We have been advised that the first year VED for the Ocean150 DSG has increased to a massive £2135 included in the OTR price. Does anyone know why this is? I understood that the vehicle has been improved, to include, one would imagine, the emissions level? But it seems to have gone the other say ramping up the cost in the first year. this takes the list price up considerably. be grateful for an explanation if anyone knows about this.

My new (June 19) 150 manual first years VED was £1815 with a £55 charged for first registration. The CO2 emissions are 196g/km and so fall into tax category 191-225. (Which I thought hefty enough even if it dose not meet the Real Driving Emissions 2 (RDE2) standard for nitrogen oxide emissions )
The figure you quote seems high to me as that would put the 150 DSG Cali 6.1 in the 226 - 255g/km category or higher which I find hard to believe. I think you should ask your dealer to explain why it is at the level you quote.
See attached link to current VED rates. https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables

Last edited:
Back