Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 two tone colours

Thought I should post photos of our newly wrapped Ocean - we had a Candy White Ocean delivered last week and had it wrapped this week - we are really please with the results (excuse the boring locations - much better locations to come in the future I hope).View attachment 71961View attachment 71962
View attachment 71962
Hi - did you have the chrome pa k as a factory option? And the wrap fitter cut around it?

I spoke with a dealer the other day who suggested they would need to remove it to wrap, which would damage the trim.

They remove the trim then wrap. Trim not damaged if done carefully with right knowledge and tools. The 3M bonding tape will require removing from the chrome trim and replacing with new.

They remove the trim then wrap. Trim not damaged if done carefully with right knowledge and tools. The 3M bonding tape will require removing from the chrome trim and replacing with new.
Ps may want to check you want the chrome trim back on after you see it wrapped in its new colour. First I had a wrap with chrome trim looked great. But then 5 years later had a respray a slightly different shade of the same colour and after offering up the chrome trim decided it looked better without on the new shade.

Ps may want to check you want the chrome trim back on after you see it wrapped in its new colour. First I had a wrap with chrome trim looked great. But then 5 years later had a respray a slightly different shade of the same colour and after offering up the chrome trim decided it looked better without on the new shade.
Hi

I tend to agree - on my old split screen, I loved the chrome trim as it was in keeping.

Part of me wants to rekindle this vintage look with two tone and a period flat colour with chrome to make it pop.

Another part of me worries the two tone in a period colour is pastiche enough, without chrome to add to the mix.

Much to ponder.

Hi

I tend to agree - on my old split screen, I loved the chrome trim as it was in keeping.

Part of me wants to rekindle this vintage look with two tone and a period flat colour with chrome to make it pop.

Another part of me worries the two tone in a period colour is pastiche enough, without chrome to add to the mix.

Much to ponder.
Photo of
Hi

Much to ponder.
I agree sometimes less is more.

20220326_141235.jpg

image1.jpeg

Back