Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 two tone colours

Hello Susibus,
Have a word with Chris in the Parts Dept at SMG Tonbridge. I believe they are your dealer as well as I think I've seen your van there before. Chris sorted out all the chrome pack parts and the bumper protector and gave me 10% off everything. So don't forget to ask him for discount. You can quote me (Paul) if you like as he should remember me. I was the chap whose debit card went on strike when I tried to pay for everything over the phone whilst waiting to catch a flight at Gatwick. The whole process went bandy and he just said, "I'll order the parts, sort it out when you get back".
He is a very nice chap and very helpful.

Sorry, I can't remember how much is was. It is self adhesive so I just gave the bumper a thorough clean and first fitted it dry, marking the bumper with masking tape to get the position correct. Then remove the protective film from the sticky pads and carefully stick down.

Good luck.
Thanks for the info Boris.
Yes both our T5 and T6 did spend rather too much time in SMG's workshop. Hopefully SusiBus T6.1 won't. I'll have a chat with Chris as you suggest.

Does anyone know if there will be more two tone colour options available in future? The German configurator has a few more combinations than the UK site.

I seem to recall that there were some more colour options available towards the end of the T6 run. They might have even appeared when the "edition" models were made available.

Anyone with insider knowledge know?

Not sure if this is on the German site but I found this on the French site and is one of my favourites. Two tone metallic.
View attachment 76193
When we ordered our 6.1 some 18+ months ago we asked if we could have the silver and starlight blue two tone, which is on the German configurator. In fairness the dealer approached VW UK who said yes, if we ordered 10 Californias. :headbang

Coincidentally, saw a T6 today in the discontinued blackberry metallic and thought it might look nice with a silver top half. That blackberry colour reminds me of sweets that I think had liquorice in the middle? Fuzzy 70s memories…

Not sure if this is on the German site but I found this on the French site and is one of my favourites. Two tone metallic.
View attachment 76193
Such a great combo. Strange they don’t offer it in the U.K. - I’ve seen one in NZ recently.
£2800 is expensive for 2 tone, when (at least) one is £300 usually. 2 x£800 metallic colours is still expensive, but...
... just order a silver van and wrap the bottom in metallic red for c.£1000

Last edited:
View attachment 76193

Hello,

I love this two tone color. I saw it in NEC Birmingham live. Brilliant! The only disadvantage of this arrangement is, that everybody will look after you and will talk to you at car parks or petrol stations. It is just too nice.

Happy colorful California,
Eberhard

Looks fab
Look out for us and give us a wave 2019 red and white California Ocean also north Colchester (not many of us about) :):thumb
Think we might have seen your van parked in a village just north of Colchester - Constable Country?!

Think we might have seen your van parked in a village just north of Colchester - Constable Country?!
That sounds like us for sure - we are always out with our Golden retriever- be sure to say hi if you see us :)

When we ordered our 6.1 some 18+ months ago we asked if we could have the silver and starlight blue two tone, which is on the German configurator. In fairness the dealer approached VW UK who said yes, if we ordered 10 Californias. :headbang
That's complete and utter nonsense. VW UK need to get real.

Why would anyone have to order 10 Calis in order to get their colour choice? So who has ordered ten Calis in order to get the UK's limited T6-1 duo colour options? Answer: No one. It shouldn't matter where a Cali is destined or who ordered it because the painting process is the same. It makes no difference if the customer is from Margate or Marseille. If VW like to spray batches in the same colour to make production more efficient then it's not rocket science to electronically sort orders to do just that. However, car factories are used to spraying cars in diffetent colours one after the other.

Last edited:
Which grey is on the bottom? Pure grey is much darker (unless the light is funny in this photo)
I think its lighting or the camera settings. Pure grey looks very different in natural vs artificial light.

That's complete and utter nonsense. VW UK need to get real.

Why would anyone have to order 10 Calis in order to get their colour choice. So who has ordered ten Calis in order to get the UK's limited T6-1 one duo colour options? Answer: No one. It shouldn't matter where a Cali is destined or who ordered it because the painting process is the same. It makes no difference if the customer is from Margate or Marseille. If VW like to spray batches in the same colour to make production more efficient then it's not rocket science to electronically sort orders to do just that. However, car factories are used to spraying cars in diffetent colours one after the other.
It is fair to say the dealer was fairly bemused as well! In hindsight, a wonderful thing, I could have probably sold the other 9 quite easily in the current market. Just needed a loan of £500,000!

It is fair to say the dealer was fairly bemused as well! In hindsight, a wonderful thing, I could have probably sold the other 9 quite easily in the current market. Just needed a loan of £500,000!
Is it worth starting a thread gauging interest and then approaching DTD for a bulk discount when you had 10 orders?

This is the reason I've not ordered as I want a two tone colour not offered here.

I would if you or DTD could arrange it though.

Put me on the list. :thumb

So looking for a wrap on two tone but the van has the boring iridium grey, what options would people suggest and how do you get around the beach decal being above the door slide panel? what-do people suggest or have done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So looking for a wrap on two tone but the van has the boring iridium grey, what options would people suggest and how do you get around the beach decal being above the door slide panel? what-do people suggest or have done

That's a great colour! Very flexible too as a base to add something on to it

Maybe best go for darker on the bottom, see other thread with some mock-ups, I'll try one with your grey as the base. Which could mean you look at wrapping the top rather than the bottom, something to keep in mind.

Any likes or dislikes? Something dark and stealthy, or looking for more fun and bright?

That's a great colour! Very flexible too as a base to add something on to it

Maybe best go for darker on the bottom, see other thread with some mock-ups, I'll try one with your grey as the base. Which could mean you look at wrapping the top rather than the bottom, something to keep in mind.

Any likes or dislikes? Something dark and stealthy, or looking for more fun and bright?

fun like a camper should be but classy nothing cheesy

Back