Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dorset newbie; bespoke two tone colour or not?

S

Snadiepuss1980

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi folks, my young family and I are due to be first time owners of a new Cali Beach Camper (March / April 2023 hopefully ); childishly excited to say the least!!! Awaiting news of a build date / status 20 is killing me .

We had to amend the order a couple of weeks back from two tone Candy White&Ascot Grey to all Candy White; reportedly the two tone paint was “significantly delaying the order”. I plan to have the lower half painted as soon as delivered (which feels weird to do to a brand new vehicle if I’m honest!) However, it feels like a good opportunity to pick a great colour we love to give ours a personalised look. Attracted to VW Velvet Green (a T2 colour of old) but keen to gauge any opinion offered from the experience here on the pros and cons of veering away from current (or recent) two tone colours such as Bay Leaf Green or Copper Bronze?…. A nice dilemma I acknowledge . Thanks to anyone who feels compelled to comment / help / guide my thinking. Cheers all.

Hi folks, my young family and I are due to be first time owners of a new Cali Beach Camper (March / April 2023 hopefully ); childishly excited to say the least!!! Awaiting news of a build date / status 20 is killing me .

We had to amend the order a couple of weeks back from two tone Candy White&Ascot Grey to all Candy White; reportedly the two tone paint was “significantly delaying the order”. I plan to have the lower half painted as soon as delivered (which feels weird to do to a brand new vehicle if I’m honest!) However, it feels like a good opportunity to pick a great colour we love to give ours a personalised look. Attracted to VW Velvet Green (a T2 colour of old) but keen to gauge any opinion offered from the experience here on the pros and cons of veering away from current (or recent) two tone colours such as Bay Leaf Green or Copper Bronze?…. A nice dilemma I acknowledge . Thanks to anyone who feels compelled to comment / help / guide my thinking. Cheers all.
Why not have the lower half wrapped, if done well by a decent company it will be hard to tell apart from paint and the choice of colours is only governed by your imagination or bravery! If you change you minds on the colour later on fairly easy to change. Also will be much more cost effective.
We had our previous Crafter done, looked good.

897E9140-2209-4CC9-A0C5-3229D2A5A687.jpeg

I saw this place on Wheeler Dealers recently, sounded like an excellent compromise between a wrap and a respray:

Back