Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 two tone colours

Hi..sorry for tlate reply.
They are called Disc Alloys and were originally brought in to the UK as part of the spec. for the Limited Edition red and white Transporter. Dealer parts department were very awkward for ordering them from Germany without a Transporter chassis number.
Had difficulty getting them but eventually managed through a VW Commercial dealer as a favour.
This difficulty may or may not have changed
They are expensive and are 18" not the standard 17" so you need a full set of new tyres as well.
Also, because they are 18" you cannot fit a spare of that size in the spare wheel carrier that is under the rear of the Camper.
I was very keen on achieving a Retro look for my Camper and love them but you might find the cost and risk too much.
Hope this helps. :)
Thanks for your reply, showed my wife and she said totally impractical to keep clean and easy to mark - so might take some persuading to change!! Wait and see what our T6.1 looks like with 2 tone paint and Davenport alloys Enron it is eventually built!

does anybody know what this lump is?
View attachment 54475
This houses the emergency location device in case of accident, amongst other things it houses the DAB aerial, it looks like an after thought IMO, truly hideous, cheap and nasty
Interestingly in many of the marketing shots this is made to look less obtrusive or is in fact omitted totally! VW knew it looks Sh1t
Why they could not have adopted the sharks fin aerial and colour coded to body colour, like other VAG vehicles, is beyond me.

The middle one is shocking!!!!
Agree - the Ascot Grey is a great (free) colour, and the Candy White is a £300 option. To charge £2880 to combine these two solid colours, the same price as metallic 2-tone is a rip-off. The price of 2-tone is exorbitant, when painting the whole van in metallic is £762...!

Agree - the Ascot Grey is a great (free) colour, and the Candy White is a £300 option. To charge £2880 to combine these two solid colours, the same price as metallic 2-tone is a rip-off. The price of 2-tone is exorbitant, when painting the whole van in metallic is £762...!
It’s not the price of the paint it’s the price of the work your paying for,

It’s not the price of the paint it’s the price of the work your paying for,
Yes. The bottom half is manually applied..done by humans and not robots. It's still silly money for two tone...and I'm an ex car painter!

Good point but then why is metallic paint £762 option
Dedicated spray booth with robotic spraying so little or no labour costs for solid and metallic finishes. Whereas I imagine the two tones need to be taken to a separate area once they have the base colour (ie white) then manually masked up, manually sprayed (ie copper/bronze), unmasked, renamed, etc. All time consuming.

Typo - Rebaked not renamed.

Dedicated spray booth with robotic spraying so little or no labour costs for solid and metallic finishes. Whereas I imagine the two tones need to be taken to a separate area once they have the base colour (ie white) then manually masked up, manually sprayed (ie copper/bronze), unmasked, renamed, etc. All time consuming.
My point really is that 2 flat colours cost the same as a metallic colour and a flat colour

Am I correct? Have VW decided to charge £300 for flat white after decades of it being a no cost option? If I am they must be in trouble.

Still it makes the two tone £300 cheaper!

My point really is that 2 flat colours cost the same as a metallic colour and a flat colour
Good point, really the price difference between metallic paint and flat should be taken off the price (accepting that white is now a cost option). VW should call it Milky White because they are certainly milking us customers.

Am I correct? Have VW decided to charge £300 for flat white after decades of it being a no cost option? If I am they must be in trouble.

They are! £300!I believe. Expect builders to switch to grey or red from now on.

You are correct that it’s now a £300 option, but it doesn’t make the 2-tone cheaper. In Germany you can spec several other 2-tone combinations including double-metallic for the same price. They look fussy to me though

You are correct that it’s now a £300 option, but it doesn’t make the 2-tone cheaper. In Germany you can spec several other 2-tone combinations including double-metallic for the same price. They look fussy to me though
Interesting. Sounds like they've added more colours in Germany.

I suppose I was comparing it to my 2019 UK two tone. That option, on which a Candy white van had the lower half over sprayed with Starlight Blue cost a small fortune. Candy white was free then.

It took a while before VW brought in the two tone California option into the UK. The same as the 3 options on build instead of 2. I suppose one way to get exactly what you want is to buy a RHD from a dealer in Germany or Belgium. But wait until we know what the Brexit results are going to be..

Yup, I had to pay £300 for Candy White, or, in the context of this thread, two tone Candy White top with Candy White bottom:)

Back