Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 VW Bike rack security

Ladymuck

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Has anyone had a T6.1 bike rack stolen? I was comfortable with the security of it given that you need a special bolt opener, alright someone could easily get one of them but you need to open the boot to remove it. Now husband was wondering if it would possible to prise it off somehow and damaging the van in the process as well. Just wondering if anyone has been unlucky enough for this to happen with this version?

If someone wants it badly enough they will find a way to get it off.
All you can do is do your best to limit opportunity and get good insurance.

Mike

If someone wants it badly enough they will find a way to get it off.
All you can do is do your best to limit opportunity and get good insurance.

Mike
I'm wondering if I should remove it when not using to reduce the risk, we'll only be using it once every few weeks, it looks pretty easy to get on/off but still an extra faff ...

It seems mad to me, but I understand it is possible, don't know how!!

People have also had roll-out awnings stolen :(

There is a thread in the vip section discussing this... The vulnerability and some fixes.... Hidden there Google doesn't spill the beans to the general public.

It seems mad to me, but I understand it is possible, don't know how!!

People have also had roll-out awnings stolen :(
Thanks for that Sad, I didn't see that thread. I think I'm going to take it off tomorrow, the van is on our drive but that wouldn't stop scumbags helping themselves. Nothing is safe is it? **sigh**

There is a thread in the vip section discussing this... The vulnerability and some fixes.... Hidden there Google doesn't spill the beans to the general public.
Thanks I saw that but it wasn't a T6.1 so was wondering if newer versions were more secure...

• Sad
Reactions: Sad
Thanks I saw that but it wasn't a T6.1 so was wondering if newer versions were more secure...
I'm not sure but I don't recall any discussions here that anything has changed with the rack choice.

From my recent investigations in trying to un-seize a seized clamp, the rack isn't even that secure anyway... I managed to disassemble and open the frame clamps in situ without a key :-(