Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Wind Out Awning - Seam has split on 2016 vehicle

Fergie Collier

Fergie Collier

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have a 2016 and the wind out awning in that year of manufacture had a join in the material rather that one piece. I believe it was a supply issue and it was only a limited number at this build time had the split material?. The problem is it split along the seam where the join is. Tried sticking it, taping it etc but it really needs properly fixing. Has anyone else out there had this issue and what did you do? Can you replace the material, if so is it a DIY job and where do you get it?. Or is it a case of replacing the whole awning unit. Hope all this makes sense and you can assist me. Thank you.

If you tap into search there is a couple who replaced theirs with a bright yellow one.

I have a 2016 and the wind out awning in that year of manufacture had a join in the material rather that one piece. I believe it was a supply issue and it was only a limited number at this build time had the split material?. The problem is it split along the seam where the join is. Tried sticking it, taping it etc but it really needs properly fixing. Has anyone else out there had this issue and what did you do? Can you replace the material, if so is it a DIY job and where do you get it?. Or is it a case of replacing the whole awning unit. Hope all this makes sense and you can assist me. Thank you.
The awning had a join up until about 2017 when the manufacturer changed to a 1 piece material.
Replacement 1 piece material is available from the Forum Shop or Rose Awnings.

Thank you - much appreciated.

You could try asking a sail maker, they may be able to stitch it together.

Thank you - good idea. Much appreciated

Back