Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Battery

Daisy Mae

Daisy Mae

Vehicle
Motorhome
Just had the battery fail on my 2017 T6. Excellent service from VW Assistance, came to house,diagnosed problem and changed battery. Told me the particular battery make is a known problem !

Just had the battery fail on my 2017 T6. Excellent service from VW Assistance, came to house,diagnosed problem and changed battery. Told me the particular battery make is a known problem !
Moll?

Did you have any issues with the battery before hand ?
My T6 goes flat after about 2 weeks if you dont drive it
I have had it checked twice and they say there is no problem !
but it now seems to struggle to last 2 weeks !
so i am having to leave it on hookup one the drive all the time

Any non standard extras?
such as dashcam with 24 hour surveillance.

Hi Paul, I had the same issue, battery would initially charge normally, over a period of time the battery was not holding a full charge even after prolonged driving.
very long story short, sent it to the dealer (when it failed to start) eventually the dealer replaced the starter battery along with new modified earth strap all under warranty.

If it is in Warranty, don't leave it on Mains Hookup. Wait 2 weeks until it won't start then call out VW Assistance. Call during working hours and insist on a VW Assistance callout rather than the AA. If it is a Moll battery it will be checked and changed possibly by VW Assistance or they will make a priority booking at VW for the exchange.

If it is not a Moll battery then you have a problem. My Starter battery starts the Cali after 6 weeks at Heathrow in freezing temperatures first time, so you have a problem.

If it is in Warranty, don't leave it on Mains Hookup. Wait 2 weeks until it won't start then call out VW Assistance. Call during working hours and insist on a VW Assistance callout rather than the AA. If it is a Moll battery it will be checked and changed possibly by VW Assistance or they will make a priority booking at VW for the exchange.

If it is not a Moll battery then you have a problem. My Starter battery starts the Cali after 6 weeks at Heathrow in freezing temperatures first time, so you have a problem.
It is now out of warranty and i did call out VW assist 3 times when it was in warranty and had it tested twice by the dealer and each time they said there was nothing wrong. but i used to say to them that it cant be right as if i left it at an airport for 2 weeks it would be flat when i get back. I do have a dash cam but i unplug that when i lock it and i even switch off the panel in the roof.
never heard the issue with the earth strap before.
I might contact VW as this issue clearly is a fault